John Lewis today announced the five finalists that will take part in JLAB – the retailer’s technology accelerator programme.
The five companies, detailed below, will each receive expert mentoring and £12,500 in initial funding. The eventual winners will secure a further £100,000 and the opportunity to trial their technology in John Lewis retail stores.
- Localz: an in-store digital engagement system that uses proximity and iBeacon technology to let retailers know when their best online shoppers are in-store.
- Musaic: a wireless Hi-Fi system that can stream music from any platform to multiple rooms in a house.
- SpaceDesigned: an online app that lets consumers accurately create and view virtual 3D versions of rooms in their house and add potential new furniture purchases and see how they might fit in.
- Tap2Connect: an after-sales service that uses smart labels to enable consumers and retailers to track a product’s lifecycle and make on-going service or repairs easier to handle.
- Viewsy: an in-store digital engagement system that tracks customers’ behaviour as they move through the store, allowing retailers to better understand them and to offer them more personalised and efficient services.
JLAB will be located on the 42nd floor of One Canada Square – an area known as the High Growth Space. This space usually plays host to technology companies of between 10-50 in team size, the majority of whom have graduated from Level39. The JLAB startups will provide perfect company for the High Growth Space and Level39 members.
More info here .