Join our team and get to work in Europe’s most connected technology accelerator space, home to 200 member companies, 900 individuals and growing!
We’re looking for a Sales and Events Manager at Level39 - if the job sounds right for you – send over your application to Kam Di Natale at Kam.DiNatale@CanaryWharf.com .
Job description below!
Reports to: Head of Operations – Level39
1. Duty management of the venue for both private and public events.
2. To be aware of, maintain and implement the laws that govern the Level39 events;
- Premises licence
- Food Act 1990
- Health and Hygiene at Work
- As licensee of the venue to ensure that all outside caterers adhere to the licensing laws
3. To ensure that all company account procedures are followed and accurately maintained, including all PORs event summaries and journals.
4. To set and monitor budgets for both sales and expenditure. Manage a budget of around £1M out of which £600K will be venue & facilities hire.
5. To keep Directors of the company aware of financial and event status of the venues.
6. To be responsible for coordinating all of the moving parts for events in Level39. In this role, you will be responsible for budgeting, project timelines, contract and vendor negotiation, overall experience and final execution.
7. To ensure standards of maintenance and cleanliness are maintained in the venue inspection and co-ordination with all necessary departments. To initiate works to achieve the upkeep of the venues and equipment.
8. To devise and run a marketing plan for the venue and initiate any marketing opportunities that arise.
9. To oversee and co-ordinate all sales enquiries for venue lettings to achieve maximum room hire occupancy and sales, ensuring diary is accurately maintained.
10. To oversee and co-ordinate the logistics of each event. Achieving client expectations whilst implementing legislation that affects the venue. Where necessary to hire additional facilities and products for clients.
11. To purchase or hire goods for the venue or on behalf of clients ensuring quality and price.
12. To ensure that all CWML and CWL departments are aware of events and happenings within the venue.
13. To be aware of trends within the industry and initiate any such changes to enable the venue to develop its market potential.
14. To be aware of other events and promotions that occur at Canary Wharf.
15. Produce the 3-monthly forecast for events, sales and other management report.
16. Drive conversion, ensuring that the team is completely sales focused.
17. Motivate and actively lead the successful business relationships with clients and agency contacts – leading from the front is crucial.
Health Safety and Welfare Responsibilities
All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy in the Administrative Rules & Procedures and the Health Safety & Welfare Manual.
All staff are required to follow the CWG environmental policies for minimisation of waste and effective energy management as defined in the CWG Environmental Manual and associated documents.
Quality Management Responsibilities
All staff are required to comply with CWG Quality Management System requirements detailed within Company Quality Manual, Policies and to ensure that all Procedures; Plans and Forms within InfoBase are effectively implemented to meet the set ISO 9001: 2008 Quality Management Standard.
- Significance experience in banqueting events, conference events and arts & events centre. Experience in large-scale events and managerial experience is essential.
- Excellent sales, negotiation and presentation skills and experience.
- Ability to act on own initiative and experience with managing staff and people.
- Highly creative, able to formulate a unique vision and flawlessly execute the vision.
- Keen attention to detail along with strong organisational and project management skills.
- Consistently calm, clear-headed leadership in high pressure situations.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.