Canary Wharf Group Response To Coronavirus – COVID 19
23rd June 2020
The health and safety of those that work, visit and live in Canary Wharf is of paramount importance to us.
We have implemented measures throughout our shopping malls, buildings and spaces to ensure that visitors can remain safe whilst using these facilities and to enable the Estate to remain open. These measures adhere to the guidance set out by the UK government and Public Health England on social distancing and hygiene management practices set out by the UK government and Public Health England.
In our shopping malls we have implemented:
- One-way systems with directional signage
- Hand sanitisers at all entrance points
- Increased cleaning of all touch points including escalator hand rails,door handles, lift push buttons and bathrooms
- All disabled doors are converted from push button to opening automatically on approach
- Sanitising floor solution in our floor drier machines
- 2 metre social distancing floor markings throughout
- Limiting the number of people in the lifts
- All benches and leaflet holders have been removed
- Social distancing signage at bathroom sinks and urinals plus additional bathroom attendants
A number of stores on the Estate are open for essential shopping, including grocery stores and pharmacies, plus several restaurants on a delivery / takeaway only basis. Other stores are directed to adhere to government advice on opening.
In addition to TfL’s arrangements, to enable access to the Estate the following have been implemented:
- Social distancing floor markings to manage queues at bus stops and the pier
- Santander bike stations marked to show which terminals can be used
- Social distancing signage on all external seating
- Heavy footfall routes separated into one-way flows
- Entry and exit doors opened/sensor operated to remove the need to touch doors
- External lifts remain open with social distancing signage at each entrance point
- Additional cycle racks to enable more visitors to cycle to the Estate
We are in regular contact with our office and retail tenants, as well as TfL and Tower Hamlets, to ensure we are all aligned on the measures taken to keep visitors to Canary Wharf safe..
As and when any further measures are announced by UK Government, we will respond accordingly.
In the meantime, the Canary Wharf Group would like to thank all our front-line staff and those across the Estate working through this difficult time.
**Free parking for NHS staff**
To apply, send an email to email@example.com from NHS email address with the following information:
- Scanned copy of NHS ID card
- Full Name
- Car Registration
- Car Park Name
- Date when parking is required
The bookings must be made 48 hours prior to visiting the car park.
We reserve the right to remove the offer at any time.
**East End Community Foundation Emergency COVID-19 Appeal**
To support the communities close to Canary Wharf at this difficult time we have partnered with the East End Community Foundation who have launched an emergency appeal for funds to help local, vulnerable communities in London’s East End through the coronavirus pandemic. Canary Wharf Group will match fund all donations for groups in Tower Hamlets up to £50,000.
In recognition and appreciation of the work of NHS staff during this challenging time, we are lighting the top of One Canada Square blue.