- This event has passed.
Industry Talks: Generative AI with Datatonic
14th September 2023 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Introduction to Generative AI
Register to join our free instructor-led training session about Generative AI
Join us for a free 2.5-hour training session that provides an introduction to the basics of Generative AI and its use cases, with a focus on Google Cloud tools and technologies. This session is designed for individuals who are interested in learning about Generative AI but have little to no experience in the field. The session will kick off at 9.30am but please join us from 9am for a morning coffee and something to eat.
Who should join:
This session is especially relevant for:
● Individuals who are interested in learning about Generative AI and its applications in various domains, but have little to no previous experience in the field.
● Beginners who want to gain a basic understanding of Generative AI, its main concepts, and how it can be used to generate text.
● Anyone who wants to learn about Generative AI, including but not limited to: Developers, Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, Technical Managers, Business Managers
● Anyone interested in AI and its applications
● Individuals who are familiar with machine learning or deep learning concepts and want to expand their knowledge to Generative AI.
● Overall, this session is designed to provide an accessible introduction to Generative AI for anyone who is interested in learning about this exciting field.
To get the most out of this session, learners should have a basic understanding of the following:
● Basic computer skills
● Familiarity with basic math concepts (algebra, geometry, statistics)
● Basic programming experience
● Basic knowledge of AI or machine learning
● Curiosity and willingness to learn
● Note: This course is designed for beginners and does not require any prior knowledge of Generative AI or Google Cloud.
Part 1: Introduction to GenAI
The first part of the session will introduce Generative AI and its use cases in various domains such as language generation (Bard, ChatGPT), search engines (Google Search Engine – powered by BERT), and more. The session will also briefly recap the main concepts of machine learning/deep learning, which will be helpful to understand the Generative AI concepts.
The session will then dive deeper into Large Language Models (LLM) and explain the Prompt design/Prompt Engineering techniques used to generate text. The session will also cover popular LLM architectures such as GPT and BERT.
Part 2: Demo
The second part of the session will provide practical demos of the GenAI algorithms in Google Cloud Vertex AI. Participants will learn how to use chat interface, prompt design, prompt tuning in Vertex AI Generative AI Studio.
Participants will understand the basics of Generative AI and how it can be used to generate text in various domains. Participants will also gain hands-on experience in training Generative AI models using Google Cloud’s Vertex AI Generative AI Studio and Model Garden.