- This event has passed.
Orange Economy in the Dominican Republic: creativity and innovation
12th October 2022 @ 9:45 am - 1:00 pm
This event is organised in the context of the IX Dominican Week in the United Kingdom (DWUK) which takes place during 10-15 October 2022. DWUK is the most important set of annual activities for the promotion of the Dominican Republic as a strategic partner for business, investment and trade for the United Kingdom. The week is full of activities aimed to boosting all that the Dominican Republic has to offer in terms of trade and investment. Due to their current relevance, DWUK is placing a special focus on the industry of talent, creativity, and culture, also referred to as the Orange Economy.
With this particular event, attendees will have the opportunity of listening to experts talk about what the Dominican Republic has to offer on Esports, the Creative Economy and its strategy for exporting modern services.
9:45 AM – Registration
10:00 AM – The New Face of Insurance
10:30 AM – How the DR is spearheading education & public policy in Esports in the region
11:30 AM – Creative Economy Hub: Design District Punta Cana and Design District London
12:15 PM – The Dominican National Strategy for the Export of Modern Services
1:00 PM – End
Guest speakers for this event:
* Orlando Jorge Villegas, Member of the Chamber of Deputies of the Dominican Republic
* Tom Dore, Head of Education, British Esports
* Anton Tejeda, Head of the Institute of Superior Education Dr. Luis Heredia Bonetti
* Ilena Carolina Rosario, Director, Ministry of Industry and Trade
* Yaqui Núñez-del Risco Mejía, Founding Principal, Labya Consulting Firm
* Patricia Portela, Design District Punta Cana