- This event has passed.
Using AI to provide risk-free operations to neo-banks and cryptocurrency markets
3rd October 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Challenger banks are challenged. Crypto is cryptic. And incumbents live on the trust in their brands.
But what is trust in a world where every day brings another million credit cards and identities stolen by hackers and organised crime? What is fraud prevention when the fraud is committed by organised groups with highly skilled technicians unpacking your defences and authentication methods day by day layer by layer? What is KYC when your criminal elements have access to literally thousands of identities and card numbers for just a few dollars on the dark web?
Even mighty names of the new banking industry and FinTech have been brought into the headlines, themselves overrun by money laundering operations they only catch by hard-scrabble analysis of their data.
It is safe to say that this is a billion dollar question and Cybertonica has brought together the leaders in the future of neo-banking, Crypto trading and operations and the big players who have to go to the front every day to track and beat those who are abusing the FinTech space.
What are the #NewRulesIntoTools to make crypto, neo-banking and even in the major incumbents whose trust has eroded as they face similar threats and fail to anticipate? The revolution is coming, but the revolution has to happen in the tools before you build the rocket.
Come and understand how trust and the new world of FinTech will come together to offer services and experiences that will take our management of payment and funds out of the age of rules and into the world of tools.
Why you should be there?
Whether you are a C-level financial services executive, a senior manager (IT, marketing, finance, CRO etc.) with responsibility for risk management and cybersecurity, an investor, a neo-bank, a blockchain or crypto company, tech start-up, an influencer and/or a policy maker, this event aims to understand the biggest challenges neo-banks and cryptocurrency companies are facing, how they can navigate in an ecosystem that requires a more technology-driven management of risk.
When and Where?
Join us at Level39, the world’s most connected community for FinTech and cybersecurity supporting fast-growth businesses. In a dynamic exchange, we’ll learn from amazing speakers composed of technology, industry and start-up experts. Afterwards, enjoy complimentary drinks and networking with financial services and cyber business professionals!
We expect this event to sell out, so book your tickets today!
Date: Wednesday, 3rd October 2018
Time: 18:00 – 21:00
Location: Sandbox 1, Level39, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5AB
18:00 Registration & Welcome Drinks
18:30 Keynote Address
- Joshua Bower-Saul, CEO and Co-Founder, Cybertonica
18:40 Panel Discussion
Making the world safe for neo-banks and cryptocurrency companies
- Panel Speakers:
Moderator: Jane Butler, Vice Dean (Faculty of Engineering Sciences), University College London
- Dr. Andrei Kirilenko, Director of the Centre for Global Finance and Technology and Professor of Finance, Imperial College Business School
- David Divitt, Vice President Product Management, Vocalink Analytics – a Mastercard Company
- James Skelton, Money Laundering Reporting Officer, Monese
- Maya Kumar, Head of UK & Ireland, Luno
- Nigel Verdon, CEO and Co-Founder, Railsbank
19:20 Q&A Session
19:30 Startup Pitches
- Cybertonica – A thriving Artificial Intelligence technology partner committed to grow e/m-commerce businesses and build their customers’ trust
- Konsentus – Provides consent & preference management services to financial institutions so that they can comply with PSD2 and open banking
- Luno – Makes it safe and easy to buy, sell, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum in Europe, Africa and Asia
- Startup (TBC)
19:50 Closing Remarks and Networking Drinks
20:50 Level39 Closing the Premises