Form of employment: permanent
Start date: immediate
OnSite with Client in: London, UK (Zone 2)
About us/AUBAY Group www.aubay.com Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7000 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €423 million in 2018. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
Aubay were recognised as #32 Best High-Tech Employer in 2016 in France (Google #1).
AubayUK are also based at Europe’s foremost Fintech hub called Level39 www.level39.co at One Canada Square in London/Canary Wharf, E14 5AB and our Client-side demand is in London/Geneva/Paris/Singapore and Houston. Our Clients are globally recognised as Super Majors Financial Services and innovative FinTech. You will be working onsite at one End-Client. You will have the opportunity to work direct for the client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- .. doing what it takes for lasting results.
- .. combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- .. personally aiming high and wanting better.
- .. being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- .. about what you do for the company
- Attitude…positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude…think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation…striving to be better than before
- Trust…your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity…thinking of others and striving for excellence
Research Engineer – Job Description
Are you experienced at applying machine learning and deep learning to big-data tasks? Are you excited by analysing and modelling terabytes of text, images, and other types of data to solve real-world problems? We love data and are looking for top scientists capable of using machine learning and other techniques to design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for never-before-solved problems.
We solve many of the Company’s most difficult and important problems, and in partnership with teams across the organization, we build new services that surprise and delight our customers
We have current and future projects in video processing, audio speech recognition, streaming data analysis, natural language processing, deep learning, and more.
Machine learning at our Company is a highly experimental activity, although theoretical analysis and innovation are also welcome. Our applied scientists work closely with software engineers to put algorithms into practice. They also work on cross-disciplinary efforts with social scientists, computer vision experts, and others.Machine learning at our Company is a highly experimental activity, although theoretical analysis and innovation are also welcome. Our applied scientists work closely with software engineers to put algorithms into practice. They also work on cross-disciplinary efforts with social scientists, computer vision experts, and others.
- Contribute to the team’s research and development activities; participate and lead some of the efforts.
- Formulate research problems based on real-world needs and conduct high-quality research.
- Develop software system and application prototypes of the proposed solutions.
- Conduct experiments to evaluate the performance and effectiveness of the solutions.
- Create proof-of-concept technology demonstrations.
- Write well-structured and re-usable code in programming languages such as Java, C/C++, Lua, and Python.
- Generate creative solutions (patents) and publish research results in top venues (papers)
- MSc in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics or a related quantitative field
- Proven track record of research publications.
- Excellent coding and software development skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong algorithm development experience
- Skills with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language
- 5+ years of relevant experience in industry and/or academia.
- Proven record of accomplishment of research publications.
- 3+ years of programming experience in Python, Java, C/C++ or similar languages.
- Knowledge in the one or more of the following areas is desirable: (1) deep learning frameworks and tools, (2) audio speech recognition, (3) computer vision, (4) virtualization and container technologies and (5) data analytics.
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client is a leader in cognitive computing. They build software that understands human communication – in many languages, across many domains, and at enormous scale. They help people see the world more clearly, so they can make a positive difference for humanity.
Becoming one of us:
- Salary Band £80k
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you an access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work direct for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis
How to apply: