Bankable is an award-winning fintech company that displaces payment and banking inefficiencies worldwide since 2010. We have recently announced a strategic partnership with Visa, allowing us to accelerate our expansion in Europe, North America and the Middle East.
Bankable can power any product or service which involves collecting funds, storing funds and paying funds irrespective of the currency and the payment methods used. Our real-time cross-border digital and payment solutions are used by global corporates and banks such as ABN Amro, Emirates and Airbus as well as scale-ups such as Glovo and Spendesk.
Everyone at Bankable is encouraged to take initiative and has the flexibility to grow and shape their careers based on ambitions and interests.
- The candidate will be responsible for bringing together the technical strategy of our business, with key input from key stakeholders. The focus will not only be on the platforms software delivery but will also cut across other areas such as infrastructure, security and services which internal staff rely on.
- The role covers both the software that the development teams write plus the other parts of our end-to-end software stack, covering hardware devices such as HSMs and Firewalls.
- Facilitate meetings at any level within a project or business unit.The goal of these meetings would be to gain agreement on technical strategy and an agreement on what outcomes the team should focus on.
- Mediate team discussions to arrive at a team consensus.
- Be able to plan and facilitate workshops such as design sessions, architecture reviews, process reviews, retrospectives, backlog refinement, visioning, product roadmap and story refinements
- Much of the role will include up-front work with the project managers within the group to ensure our technical focus aligns with our business needs.
- A true team player and collaborative individual. You have the soft skills to work with others to achieve a team strategy while having confidence in your own ideas. Working with other teams and groups in the company is extremely important for this role.
- Strong listener. It is important that you are able to listen to others and build on other people’s ideas as well as your own.
- Have a deep understanding of architectural patterns and a track record of applying these across platforms in complex situations, taking into account the suitability and drawbacks of proposed solutions.
- Be the technical lead for solutions that span multiple subdomains or bounded contexts, that have demanding non-functional requirements.
- Advise on multiple technology stacks at all levels. Requires a broad knowledge of alternative stacks and solutions for comparison purposes but it is not a neccessity be an expert at all of them.
- Experience working with languages such as Java or C++
- Working on a large scale database such as Postgresql
- Be able to compare and contrast multiple technology choices on the following criteria:
- Suitability of tech stack to support of PCI-DSS and GDPR needs
- Ease of adoption.
- Availability of talent in the market.
- Community support.
- Available libraries/frameworks/integrations.
- Total Cost of Ownership.
- Experience of delivering on a cloud based platform such as GCP or AWS
- Fluent in English (oral & written) – other languages are a big plus
- Work at a fun, fast-paced FinTech based in Europe’s largest technology accelerator Level39 (Canary Wharf, London). In addition to awesome views of London, our office offers unlimited coffee brewed by a slick Nespresso machine, fresh fruit for breakfast, a table tennis corner and freshly baked cookies for snacking every day at 3pm!
- A collaborative work environment where you are encouraged to take the initiative and can see the immediate impact of your work on a daily basis
- You will have the flexibility to grow and shape your career within Bankable, based on your interests and ambitions
- We are a close-knit international team participating in numerous industry, social and team events