Behavioural Scientist (6 month fixed term contract)
WE HAVE A VACANCY!
At CybSafe we have a burning passion to help as many people and businesses as possible – both within our society and the global community. We help companies take an intelligent approach to cyber security risk reduction and in doing so address the people component of cyber security.
We provide cloud-based cyber security awareness and data analytics platform, grounded in psychology and behavioural sciences, and powered by AI machine learning. Our platform helps businesses to improve cyber security behaviour, visualise human factor vulnerability and reduce cyber risk.
We’re making a huge difference to people and businesses and we’re looking for good people to join our team.
Look at our website for the what and the how.
Behavioural Scientist (6 month fixed term contract)
We are looking for a highly motivated, talented Behavioural Scientist to join our Research and Analysis team for 6 months working alongside our Head of Behavioural Science and the University of Bath on a research project exploring the impact of simulated phishing email policies on behaviour change and work outcomes (e.g. productivity and trust).
The role will involve conducting a survey on how companies use simulated phishing email metrics and running lab-based studies to assess the effects of simulated phishing on user behaviour.
You’ll be able to research and produce well-written pieces, be good at qualitative and quantitative research and applying psychological principles, that easily explain important cyber security issues.
The role will be based at CybSafe but may require some travelling during the data collection period to the University of Bath.
- To undertake literature reviews.
- To design an online survey and an experimental study to assess the impact of simulated phishing employees on behaviour.
- To collect and analyse data.
- To contribute to the preparation of research outputs, policy briefings and reports
- Dissemination of research results at conferences, workshops and via academic papers.
- Assist with the development of CybSafes approach to understanding, measuring and improving cyber security Awareness, Behaviour & Culture (ABC) within organisations
Skills & Knowledge:
- At least a masters degree in a relevant discipline with substantial research methods training within social sciences (e.g. Psychology, human computer interaction or in an area of direct relevance to the project)
- Ability to design and conduct behavioural science studies, including using experimental methods / A-B testing or similar.
- High level of quantitative statistics skills
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in SPSS, Stata and/or R
- Proven ability to plan and execute research projects
- Excellent organisational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, judgement and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- A PhD degree in Psychology, human computer interaction or in an area of direct relevance to the project, or an equivalent professional qualification (or equivalent standard for overseas applicants)
- Experience of preparing work for submission to journals / conferences
- Post doctoral experience
The Package and the Perks:
- Its a full time role attracting a competitive basic salary and benefits
- You don’t have to come to work on your birthday!
- We use Perkbox as our benefits provider to help your pay-checks to further with lots of great discounts and freebies!
- Well give you a brand new laptop and iPhone.
- Level39 offices come with unlimited drinks from the fridge and a massive coffee machine. There are regular beer and pizza events not forgetting freshly made cookies every day!
- Relaxed attire policy were a tech start-up after all!
- We have a relaxed leave policy. We support each other and only want people we can trust. Take leave when you feel it is best to do so. We will insist that you take at least a two-week unbroken break during the year so you can recharge and come back hungry for more!
Everything we do at CybSafe is with integrity and we are proud of our very special working culture at CybSafe, which revolves around five tribal habits – ways of working that we live and breathe, day-in, day-out until they become effortless as a. habit
- No elephants in the room we are honest and open in all our communications even when the message may be difficult but we do this with respect and constructively to ensure meaningful discussions. We approach all our communications from a place of positive intent.
- No passengers Everyones part of the tribe for a reason! Everyone has the opportunity to take the lead and the responsibility to make their teams and CybSafe successful! We are empowered to make deliberate and courageous decisions as a tribe.
- We champion each other We want the tribe to be successful and inclusive, so we listen to each others stories and share them widely to ensure diverse views factor in everything we do. We trust each others expertise to build on the work that we do!
- No hurdles or blockages – There are no obstacles at CybSafe! We see potential obstacles as challenges to be approached with courage, creatively and thoughtfully.
- Appetite for success The tribe are tenacious and have a thirst for excellence! Everyone in the tribe cares about CybSafe and its success
Where we work?
Level39 is the Worlds most connected tech community for finance, retail, cyber-security & future cities technology companies.
Check it out: http://www.level39.co/
Click apply now and include the following:
- Your CV
- A short note or video (less than 60 sec) introducing yourself and why you are the guy/gal for the job.