Business Analyst – Market Pricing – Energy
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London, UK (Zone 1)
About us/AUBAY Group www.aubay.com Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7000 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €423 million in 2018. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
Aubay were recognised as #32 Best High-Tech Employer in 2016 in France (Google #1).
AubayUK are also based at Europe’s foremost Fintech hub called Level39 www.level39.co at One Canada Square in London/Canary Wharf, E14 5AB and our Client-side demand is in London/Geneva/Paris/Singapore and Houston. Our Clients are globally recognised as Super Majors Financial Services and innovative FinTech. You will be working onsite at one End-Client. You will have the opportunity to work direct for the client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- .. doing what it takes for lasting results.
- .. combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- .. personally aiming high and wanting better.
- .. being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- .. about what you do for the company
- Attitude…positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude…think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation…striving to be better than before
- Trust…your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity…thinking of others and striving for excellence
Business Analyst- Market Pricing – Energy – Job Description
Energy Company is looking for a talented IT Business Analyst to join the IT delivery team in the Gas, Power and Environmental trading division. The team comprises of business analysts, data engineers and developers split between London and Bangalore delivering both custom built and vendor supplied applications to the trading business. The Business Analyst is primarily responsible for identifying and documenting business requirements and working with technical teams to determine feasible solution options. The role is part of a small team focussed on the development of a new product. There is an expectation it will encompass the end-to-end solution delivery lifecycle from idea and inception to assisting the support team, once the solution is live, with expert knowledge. The ideal candidate is able to work independently with a strong record of accomplishment working within energy trading, working knowledge of market pricing and experience delivering solutions that involve market price data.
Key Skills and Experience:
We are looking for someone who is knowledgeable in the Gas & Power markets and has some exposure to pricing. They probably need to be on the mathematical and technical end of the BA spectrum to succeed in the role.
Front Office – knows the difference between bid/offer, understands exchange venue data, Refintiv RIC codes, Trayport, has a basic understanding of statistical modelling (ie can explain it to a brick wall), understands spark spreads, basic knowledge of EU gas and power fundamentals, EU Gas Network Topology (difference between TTF and GPL LoCal), Can calculate a WAP (weighted average price), has worked with multiple pricing methodologies.
- Knowledge of Business Analysis techniques and tools with significant experience in project deliverables including the ability to:
- Precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements, including health, safety, security, usability, data, and supportability considerations
- Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options
- Create clear documentation to communicate requirements and related information; keep updated to align with the solution over the project lifecycle
- Extensive knowledge of gas & power trading
- Experience working with front office traders
- Knowledge of market pricing and market price data.
- Experience working in Agile project Delivery
- Team player and able to collaborate, proactively communicates and shares understanding and experience within a team
- Keeps up-to-date knowledge of the energy industry and energy trading
- Comfortable talking to trading business users and can translate business needs into tangible user stories or requirements
- Uses best practice analysis techniques but can change approach according to conflicting timelines/risks involved
- Uses initiative and owns their deliverables end-to-end
- Brings ideas to the table, is inquisitive and excited by new technology
- Used to working in a flexible, independent manner on a mixture of small unstructured and large structured items.
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading.
Becoming one of us:
- Salary Band up to £80k
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you an access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work direct for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis