Datatonic has a reputation for cultivating excellence in the areas of machine learning and big data analytics, creating cutting-edge solutions that significantly impact and transform our customers’ businesses.
In building our Commercial Team from the ground up, we seek to imbue this same mentality of learning, applying, iterating and putting winning ideas into practice – albeit from a commercial perspective.
We have an impressive set of enterprise customers, great partners, and a very strong business model. The newly created Commercial Director role will require exceptional business skills and a passion for technology in order to build on that strong foundation, furthering Datatonic’s evolution as a Tier 1 player in the domain of machine learning, data engineering and big data analytics. It will suit an ambitious, dynamic, and articulate leader with a proven set of attributes that have been honed within a similar type of environment.
- Commercial Strategy – Owns, defines & executes commercial strategy in collaboration with lead team.
- Builds team – Builds out team, capacity & capability to execute sales & marketing plans.
- Go-to-Market – Contributes to Engagement Leadership to define go-to-market plans, service architecture and solution design.
- Partnership Management – Operational responsibility for day-to-day management of strategic partners (Google, Looker, Intel) with a partnership manager.
- Top-line target – Delivers on monthly, quarterly, and yearly revenue targets.
- Strategic Input – Is a key contributor to the overall strategy of the company.
- Sales Ops -Is e2e responsible for excellence in sales operations and pipeline follow-through.
- Greenfield Business Development – builds pipeline according to targets.
- Customer Growth – work with Engagement Team to identify customer growth, cross-sell and up-sell opportunities with Datatonic’s most strategic customers.
- Messaging & Marketing Strategy – manage and work with a Marketing Manager to create and execute.
- 5+ years professional experience, either in a commercial / business leadership role, or a top management consultancy (or a combination of both).
- Proven pedigree in delivering significant growth, top-line revenue and increased profit margins (preferably within a B2B environment).
- Ability to communicate and influence all levels from senior executives on down across all functions (especially tech, engineering, data science, sales, marketing and finance).
- A real passion for technology, ‘infectious’ in your enthusiasm for ML, AI, Big Data and Analytics topics!
- A consultative ‘listen-first’ approach.
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Initiative taker, eager to break new ground & create opportunities.
- Relevant business strategy and market development expertise, with deep analytical and business modelling skills.
- A hands-on operator: someone who loves to think, make and do (we are not looking for someone who wants to “sit back and strategise” 90% of the time!).
- You enjoy a high-energy, fast paced environment.
- Sector experience in any of the following would be beneficial (but not essential): Retail, Telco, Media, Finance, Energy.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university; MBA beneficial.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Situated in the innovation hub of Canary Wharf
- Laptop of your choice
- Monthly social events and team offsites
- Generous desk budget
- Free fruit, cookies, tea/coffee throughout the week
- Regular networking events, mentoring events and conferences
- Exposure to experts from a number of industries
- Freedom to explore the latest tools and technologies
- Knowledge-sharing activities