ON THE SEARCH FOR.
At sync. money we are looking for a ‘super-hero’ Compliance Associate. An incredible new team player to join our family and help us to make a real difference. Someone to bring positive energy and a smile to the workplace. Whilst we may be building a company and a brand, we’re also building bonds that can last a lifetime
Other skills required as a Compliance Associate include:
- English speaking, with multiple languages beneficial.
- Hardworking, willing to take responsibility but also a co-worker.
- Proactive, willing to get involved and learn with the wider team and helping where possible.
- Can-do attitude and appetite for challenges to establish processes and procedures from scratch.
- Being passionate about your job and taking the initiative on coming up with new ideas how we can make our compliance system more robust and efficient.
- Understanding about the importance of our product, the customer experience to peoples everyday lives and the need to support them where appropriate.
We are looking for a Compliance Associate with background in FinTech:
- Conduct Customer Due Diligence (KYC & AML check) in the process of customer onboarding.
- Investigate ongoing transactions using our transaction monitoring system.
- Apply Enhanced Due Diligence to high risk or PEP involved customers and transactions, and create internal reports.
- Identify potential financial crime based on several risk factors using our monitoring system.
- Communicate with vendors and other departments to provide more effective fraud investigation process.
- Keep up-to-date with financial crime trends and update policy/procedure/transaction monitoring rules accordingly.
- Work closely with the Head of Compliance and the MLRO to prepare internal and external reports including Suspicious Activity Reports collecting, analysing and summarising information.
- Handle customer complaints which relate to financial crime working closely with our Customer Support team.
- Raise chargeback requests to our card association and be in charge of the whole process.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience of compliance and operation experience, in the banking, payment or e-money industry.
- Good understanding of financial crime, relevant law and regulations, such as Money Laundering Directive, Money Laundering Regulations, JMLSG guidance, FATF recommendations and the FCA Handbook.
- Familiarity with the automated KYC and transaction monitoring.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Strong interest and knowledge in the FinTech industry, its financial crime trends and risk.
- Experience with or knowledge of technology-based compliance process and/or within a startup environment would be a plus.
Will depend on the location, position and experience of the candidate.
sync. is a young and exciting FinTech company headquartered at Level39 in Canary Wharf in the Centre of London with a second hub in the Historical Centre of Malaga, Spain, right next to the Picasso Museum. Our driving ambition is to save people time and money. It’s what motivates us to come in to work every morning knowing that we could be making a real difference to people’s lives.
We combine the very best of features and services across the market, whilst also creating our own, to make a unique product that can be everything to everyone. We always say that great products and built by great teams. We’re very much on our way to building both but need more great people to achieve all of our lofty goals and ambitions. Are you that person? Apply now
Why the , crossover, where old banking meets the new world of innovation, disruption and inclusion. We are sync. and you could be too.
WHAT WE DO.
We are aiming to lead the way in Smart Open Banking. We allow users to instantly open a current GBP &/or EUR account in minutes and we provide them with the ability to open up to 30+ other currency accounts. Users are able to exchange currencies between their accounts at the best rates and transfer money worldwide and unbeatable rates. Learn more about our features here.
sync.’s USP is to allow users to synchronise all of their financial accounts (bank, credit, loan and mortgage accounts) in one app, as one experience by utilising our AISP snd PISP licenses. By being able to budget, manage and track all of their accounts and expenses in one place, offering our users unrivalled user experience as a money management platform and be their financial advisor.
This then translates into tailored recommendations on how to save time and money through our marketplace of products from numerous financial and retail service providers that we have deals with.