At sync. we are building an everyday mobile banking platform that legitimately has the potential to disrupt one of the most established global industries.
So, we need a ‘super-hero’ Compliance Manager who can make sure our company maintains its legal and ethical integrity!
If you have prior experience working in compliance in the banking industry and if you think you’re up to the challenge of joining our superstar squad and helping to disrupt one of the most established global industries, then WE WANT YOU!
YOU WILL BE
- Analysing our business model and ensure our operations are in compliance with all laws and regulations, from business practices to employment law
- Liaising with our Department Heads to ensure correct protocol is follow
- Reviewing responses to official customer enquiries and correspondence with government agencies to ensure they are complete and proper
WHAT WE NEED
- 3+ years’ experience of regulatory compliance in financial and payment services
- Excellent understanding of the role itself (GDPR, FAFT, Fraud, KYC, AML Directives, Data Protection Requirements etc…).
- Strong understanding of current and future regulations affecting the FinTech industry.
- Liaising with our development team to ensure compliance with KYC, AML and Data Protection regulations, in addition to building a risk profile matrix for new customers.
- Perform risk assessments of our existing processes to understand current exposure to risk, building a risk appetite, understanding significance and scope.
- Take ownership of, maintain, and enforce all existing internal policies.
- Keep up to date with, and understand, relevant laws and regulations and monitor compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies.
- Educate employees on not only the regulations, but also the impact on the organisation if these aren’t complied with.
- Investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues.
- Report back to business functions on current risk and compliance performance.
- Highlight or escalate areas of concern and contribute to robust and effective compliance controls within the organisation.
- Review marketing materials, presentations and websites to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the gathering of internal information in response to regulatory requests.
- Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance.
- English language is essential.
WHO WE ARE
For the past 3 years our passion has been saving thousands of people time and money.
Through our platform, people can transfer money internationally and exchange currencies at the cheapest rates in the shortest time possible.
Now here’s a little secret… What we’re currently working on is going to blow our previous product and your mind away!
We’re building a mobile based platform to make your finances easier by building an all-in-one app that synchronises all your financial accounts and simplifies payments.
This exciting new project is going to change the way people interact with their finances and will take us to the forefront of alternative banking.
WE CAN OFFER YOU
- The chance to work under the guidance of our CEO, who pioneered mobile banking at Lloyds, NatWest, Halifax and challenger applications like Revolut.
- An international, fun and dynamic team that is located in the heart of the financial district of Canary Wharf at the largest Fintech Accelerator in Europe – Level 39 in London, UK.
- Exciting work on an innovative project with plenty of responsibility and freedom.
- A modern cafeteria offering complimentary access to hot drinks, fresh fruit and more importantly 3pm cookie time.
- Fun social nights out.
If you have the ambition of working in a truly exciting, forward thinking and passionate company, where your work will have immeasurable impact, here we are!
Feel like you’re ready to accept the challenge and embark on a new and exciting chapter of your life?