Content & Marketing Manager
Job Title: Content and Marketing Manager
Reports to: Head of Level39 and CWG Group Head of Communications
Who Are We?
Level39 is home to around 200 startups and scaleups in Canary Wharf, offering space, ecosystem activities and support to its community of entrepreneurs to help them achieve scale. Level39 occupies 80,000 square foot in One Canada Square and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Canary Wharf Group.
Canary Wharf Group (CWG) has overseen the largest urban regeneration project in Europe and is a private real estate company that develops, manages and currently owns interests in approximately 7.5 million square feet of office space, 0.9 million square feet of retail and over 500 Build to Rent apartments.
The company’s current £2.4 billion construction activity is composed of 500k square feet of commercial properties and over 1,750 new homes, for sale, for rent, intermediate and affordable. The development pipeline includes a further 4.8 million square feet of secured planning, with a further planning opportunity for North Quay of 2.5 million square feet.
CWG is an industry leader in sustainability including purchasing 100% renewable electricity for the Estate since 2012 and zero waste going to landfill from the managed Estate since 2009. By the end of 2020, CWG will be the largest sustainable developer in the UK with over 10 million square feet of sustainably certified buildings.
Our Culture and Values
Canary Wharf Group (CWG) means working for a forward thinking, collaborative team. We hire staff who strive to make a difference and achieve the highest standards. Everyone is empowered to make a difference and our ethos encourages everyone to think like an owner. Our business puts our customers and people at the heart of everything, we work to meet their needs and exceed expectations.
Our mission is to empower our people, engage our communities and create sustainable places. Our values help us achieve exceptional results:
The Job Opportunity
We are looking for a creative and innovative Content and Marketing Manager to lead the strategic planning, development and management of the Level39 brand.
As a strong team player, the successful candidate will work cohesively with the team, to support the Head of Level39 and Canary Wharf Group with the following work streams:
- Level39’s brand differentiates it from other technology hubs and communities. The Content and Marketing Manager oversees the careful stewardship and application of this brand in the public domain, across owned and bought media. The Content and Marketing Manager is responsible for the strategic planning, management and distribution of written and video content, driving traffic and engagement that translates to sales and brand promotion.
- The Level39 website and social channels are a source of news for the wider technology community and enables prospective members and entrepreneurs to find out more and apply to Level39. The Content and Marketing Manager must ensure that social media is used strategically and tactically to manage key messaging, drive brand awareness and enhance Level39’s reputation.
- Oversee and guide the work of all web, SEO, marketing, design, and communication agencies to ensure that they work effectively and professionally in their respective roles and have the right tools to best carry out their duties.
- Work closely with the other departments to ensure their work is incorporated into the overarching and day-to-day digital strategy.
- Champion the Level39 brand at external events through speaking opportunities and event partnerships. The Content and Marketing Manager will also support Level39’s Event Manager with the curation of content and speakers for relevant internal events.
- Public Relations is key in maintaining Level39’s leading industry position and driving new membership. The Content and Marketing Manager is the main point of liaison for CWG PR comms team for all media enquiries relating to Level39 and for technology media engagements and events. Working closely with the CWG PR comms team and the PR agency team, the Content and Marketing Manager will develop and deliver communications strategy to engage national, local, technology and property media titles via press releases, features, events and thought leadership PR activities. It is essential to maintain good relationships with key journalists and thought-leaders.
- The Content and Marketing Manager is responsible for the budget used to deliver an effective content and marketing strategy and editorial plan, within the allowable limits, to meet the business objectives.
- Evaluate and monitor the impact of all marketing activity to ensure it is both relevant and cost effective.
What We Require of You:
- To be a graduate with significant marketing experience.
- Knowledge and experience of working with technology startups
- Must be an excellent communicator with strong verbal and written skills with the ability to interact at all levels of an organisation
- Must have experience creating content for the web and growing a social audience
- Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics and marketing platforms such as MailChimp
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to overcome business issues, propose solutions and make commercial decisions
- An open and creative thinking, keeping abreast of and utilising new industry developments, innovations and technology
- Ability to work autonomously and manage projects/tasks through their lifecycle to completion
- Demonstrable experience of building relationships with internal and external stakeholders to assist the delivery of business objectives
- Prepared to work flexibly, including out-of-hours attendance of events where needed
- Must be able to reflect the company core values: Excellence Engagement, Collaboration, Ownership and Innovation, into everyday performance
Health Safety and Welfare Responsibilities
All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy in the Administrative Rules and Procedures, and the Health, Safety & Welfare Manual.
All Staff are required to follow the Canary Wharf Group plc (CWG) Environmental Policies for minimisation of waste and effective energy management as defined in the CWG Environmental Manual and associated documents.
Quality Management Responsibilities
All staff are required to comply with CWG Quality Management System requirements detailed within the Company Quality Manual & Policies, and to ensure that all Procedure; Plans and Forms within SharePoint are effectively implemented to meet the set ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management Standard.
What We Offer:
Diversity and Inclusion
We recognise the importance of embracing diverse experience, skills and perspectives at all levels and operating in an inclusive working environment. We also recognise that it makes business sense, since being an inclusive employer leads to better business performance and higher levels of employee engagement and satisfaction.
We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills and are committed to fostering a culture whereby everyone can reach their full potential.
As an inclusive employer, we recognise the positive impact flexible working can have on an individual, their wellbeing, engagement and productivity. Therefore, we are open to consider flexible working arrangements, both temporary or permanent.
Learning and Development
At Canary Wharf Group, our employees receive a wide range of support to help improve their skills and achieve their career goals. We offer development opportunities through classroom and e-learning training, mentoring, cross department experience and on the job learning. We heavily invest in our staff attaining accreditations to develop existing and new skills, support chartered status, sponsorships and provide further educational opportunities which are job and
business related. We never stand still and continually invest in developing skills and knowledge to ensure individual and company growth.
We are committed to building a safe, happy and healthy community for our employees and we offer a comprehensive range of benefits, all designed with our employees and their wellbeing in mind.
From generous pension and insurance plans, to health benefits, subsidised gym membership, store discounts and family leave, our benefits package allows our employees to choose the benefits that suit them and their individual needs.
For more information about Level39, please visit www.level39.co
For more information about CWG, please visit www.canarywharfgroup.com