An ambitious, early stage FinTech building a platform as a service looking for a CTO that’s passionate about technology, building products and solving complex business problems.
About the company:
Plinth is an exciting and ambitious FinTech building the next gen infrastructure for private capital markets. We are on a mission to digitalize this multi trillion-dollar sector to make it more accessible, transparent and liquid. We are building a cloud native, API-first, microservices architecture driven platform to fundamentally transform how businesses in private capital markets are built and operated. Plinth’s platform will tackle complex business problems and enable its customers to unlock growth, leverage analytics and business intelligence, resolve operational bottlenecks, mitigate compliance risks and future proof their businesses for the digital era of financial services. Plinth is headquartered in London with teams in London and Portugal.
About the role:
As part of its growth plans, Plinth is looking for a CTO. You will be the first in-house technical hire and have the unique opportunity to build your team, cultivate a culture of engineering excellence, strengthen your leadership skills and grow with the company. This is a hands-on role that needs someone who is still strong at developing, as well as enjoys leading a team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee, manage and nurture the engineering team; you are expected to be hands on and work alongside the engineering team
- Responsible for technical design and architecture; providing technical leadership
- Work closely with founder/CEO to define and deliver the product and technical roadmap
- Lead delivery on client projects alongside product manager
- Participate and contribute to client meetings/demos and investor road shows
- Define and develop a world class engineering mindset
What we are looking for:
- Passionate about software engineering and use of software to positively disrupt financial services
- Proficient in cloud based, microservices architecture and CI/CD, agile framework
- Highly competent in our tech stack (most, if not all) – GCP, Java/Spring Boot, Node.js, MySql, GraphQL,
- Angular 2.0. Keen interest in smart contracts
- Delivery orientated mindset, demonstrable experience of shipping commercial software
- Experience in leading teams; experience of working with distributed or near shore teams preferred
- Prior experience in financial services industry strongly preferred
- A natural inclination towards innovative, nimble and dynamic work environment
- A deep sense of ownership – you enjoy your trade craft and take pride in building and delivering high quality products
This role would suit someone who is currently in a technical lead, architect or in an engineering lead role with a strong interest in leading a product team within a dynamic start-up setting. You may be looking for a new and rewarding challenge with a high degree of ownership and a chance to make an impact or perhaps striving to move from a large corporation to a high growth start up. You will work directly with the founder who is a 15+ years financial services veteran, a domain expert and deeply passionate about product, engineering excellence and use of technology in transforming financial services.
Remuneration and Perks
The role offers competitive salary, as well as equity. You will be based in our London office at Level39 – a vibrant and truly diverse hub of 200+ innovative companies with free coffee, fruits, cookies and a rich calendar of networking and educational events. We encourage learning, actively participate in industry events and have plans to hold technical outreach events and meet ups.
To apply, email email@example.com with a brief on your interests in this opportunity and a CV.