ON THE SEARCH FOR.
At sync. money we are looking for a ‘super-hero’ DevOps Engineer. An incredible new team player to join our family and help us to make a real difference. Someone that will collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems, process and data security. We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with background in FinTech.
ON THE SEARCH FOR.
- Working with our Development Teams, within a Scrum framework.
- Design and implement robust procedures for deployment to development and production environments to minimise downtime and proactively address information security risks through principles of shared responsibility across our AWS platform.
- Build and implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) solutions and automate the code delivery pipeline with the goal of one-click deployments, rollbacks, and parameterised builds.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Know-How of deploying to AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Experience of using Cloudformations/Terraform for creating Infrastructure-As-Code.
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as NewRelic, StackDriver, Prometheus, etc.
- Know-How of CI/CD Pipelines and Automated Deployments.
- Experience with Linux and Docker.
- Excellent understanding with Distributed Systems: Scaling, Fault-Tolerance, Load-Balancing, Networking, Security, etc…
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of Nodejs.
Other skills required as a DevOps Engineer include:
- English speaking, with multiple languages beneficial.
- Hardworking, willing to take responsibility but also a co-worker.
- Proactive, willing to get involved with the wider team and helping where possible.
- Being passionate about your job and taking the initiative on coming up with new ideas how we can improve our product, culture and company. You are part of the community but a user too!
- Willing to learn but also to coach others where possible.
- Understanding about the importance of our product, the customer experience to peoples everyday lives and the need to support them where appropriate.
ABOUT SYNC. ENGINEERING
At sync. Engineering we aim high, we dream big, and we are relentless in our goal of transforming Banking and the Personal Finance landscape.
We are a highly skilled team that enjoys disrupting the established notions of how things get done. We thrive with the challenge of accomplishing big things even when others doubt they are possible and we are firm believers that success happens because we get things done as a team.
It’s also all about creativity, fun, and growth along the way! We will help you develop and sharpen your skills, encouraging you to grow and participate in architecture decisions and continuous Agile improvements.
FinTech industry is full of challenges and it moves at high speeds. We keep up, as a flexible and fast delivery startup, adapting to new situations and encouraging individuals to shape their career paths within the company.
In short, you’ll be responsible for building an awesome and solid product that resonates with users, a product grounded on quality and performance, built amidst a highly skilled team.