AltoStack is a DevOps and Cloud Transformation Consultancy revolutionising the way businesses innovate and grow through our technology products and consultancy services by providing a much more efficient, experienced and affordable way to operate on the Cloud and adopt DevOps without the need for internal hires. We deliver Cloud, Automation and DevOps solutions and we advocate the strategic adoption of automation as the foundation for prosperity in the digital age.
Headquartered in Canary Wharf, London, United Kingdom, AltoStack has successfully delivered Cloud and Automation projects for some of the largest and most prestigious organisations in both the public and private sectors across Europe.
DevOps Engineer Role:
You will deliver hands-on, business-oriented strategic and technical consulting to our clients for cloud infrastructure and data centre automation solutions.
This role will suit an AWS professional with knowledge of Integration patterns looking to further their skills within AWS and who enjoys working in a client facing role.
Our Automation Engineers and Architects come from a DevOps background and are technically adept in configuration management tools, continuous development, Linux environments and have experience of delivering cloud infrastructure and cloud automation.
- You will join a project engineering team and focus on adding hands-on technical expertise, ensuring outcomes meet the highest technical and agile standards.
- We expect our engineers to understand the client’s project aims and to offer professional and commercial insight to ensure client satisfaction as well as representing the commercial interests of AltoStack.
- We always expect our engineers to be very self-sufficient when engaged in smaller assignments representing AltoStack by themselves, always ensuring customer satisfaction through high-quality work and outstanding client care.
- Working with AWS application platform developers to ensure high quality continuous build automation and deployment input to class leading application platform solutions.
- Help defining relevant solution deployment architectures
- Deploying and managing multiple environments to support rapid, agile development approaches including demonstration environments.
- Collaborate and liaise with other customer stakeholders/ end users in the software development lifecycle – PMs, BAs, testing etc
- Provide effective knowledge transfer and upskilling to relevant customer personnel to ensure an appropriate level of future self-sufficiency
- Strong knowledge of Linux based systems
- DevOps background/experience
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef & Ansible
- Expert knowledge of AWS cloud (Certifications highly desirable)
- Expert knowledge of GCP cloud (Certifications highly desirable)
- Hands on experience with Terraform
- Scripting ability (ideally Python or Golang)
- Knowledge of Containers and Container Orchestration such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience of Agile / Scrum methodology
- A passion for open source technologies and the open source community
- Demonstrable experience in cloud-automation
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve complex, multi-system problems.
- Have experience in stakeholder management within complex organisations.
- Be comfortable with being responsible for the delivery of significant cloud and automation projects.
- Be willing to work in multiple locations and prepared to travel.
- Be a fast learner, ambitions, and comfortable working in high-pressure environments.
- Exhibit a proven track record of continually looking for ways to improve customer satisfaction.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- £1,000 for personal development (trainings & certifications)
- Situated in the innovation hub of Canary Wharf
- Laptop of your choice
- Monthly social events and team offsites
- Generous desk budget
- Free fruit, cookies, tea/coffee throughout the week
- Freedom to explore the latest tools and technologies
Work at a fun, fast-paced Consultancy based in Europe’s largest technology accelerator Level39 (Canary Wharf, London). In addition to awesome views of London, our office offers unlimited coffee brewed by a slick Nespresso machine, fresh fruit for breakfast and freshly baked cookies every day at 3pm!