Digital Marketing Executive
About the job
- Are you a marketing rock-star ? And a disruptor who has delivered user-growth success in previous roles?
- Are you looking to experiment, explore and unleash your creativity in a market that is mainly un-tapped and un-touched?
- Looking to work where you are a stakeholder and not just an employee?
- And are strongly motivated by an equity ownership opportunity
Then, read on and let’s get talking!
We are looking for a marketing rock-star who can combine different strands of marketing disciplines into their work, and build a strong brand positioning and growth funnel for our point of sale and ecommerce solutions for small businesses in UK and Europe.
- Brand identity and brand positioning: you will take ownership of CardAlpha’s marketing initiatives and build CardAlpha’s brand, social identity and positioning via digital channels (e.g., facebook, insta, linkedin, twitter) amongst our key stakeholder communities which are merchants, payment partners and investors.
- Brand proposition: Build the CardAlpha brand proposition and drive home important attributes of the CardAlpha proposition relating to how the platform enables SME merchants to accept electronic payments, in a frictionless and cost efficient manner.
- Drive user growth: Design, execute and manage user growth, by utilising the full mix of digital, social media, content-marketing, email -marketing campaigns and PR initiatives
- Campaigns: Use analytics tools ( Google & Facebook analytics etc) to build daily performance metrics to track efficacy of campaigns.
About CardAlpha (www.cardalpha.com)
At CardAlpha we are on a mission to level the playing field for small merchants and independent retailers, and to make their lives easier. We provide a point-of-sales (POS) app which is integrated with a card reader. The app converts a tablet or smartphone device into a powerful electronic cash register featuring a product catalogue with item description, pricing tools, inventory tracking and digital receipts, making it a powerful accessory for day – to – day sales management. With our POS, an independent retailer can also create a branded web-store minutes with ecommerce payments acceptance, in under ten minutes without any technical expertise or coding knowledge.
CardAlpha are backed by SFC Capital, an early stage venture capital firm and based at the heart of Europe’s fintech revolution, in London.
We are looking for candidates who have skills sets and prior experience (one-two years) in at least three out of the four marketing areas described below.
- Digital marketing with a strong focus on social media campaigns- building a digital marketing strategy and having a sleeves rolled up approach to developing and executing campaigns. In practice you will be able to translate your strategic insights and plans into compelling digital ads and posts, with captions, content and compelling media imagery. You will be comfortable working with digital tools including Webflow, Canva, Google Adwords, Facebook ads manager to both build and deliver campaigns.
- Content marketing- Ability to commit plans and ideas to the written word, write compelling content, build a social media following and marketing funnel by blogging/posting about issues of importance to the wider SMB audience including marketing and distribution best practices, finance and payments, inventory management and definitely point of sale payments.
- Public relations- previous experience in running PR and Influencer campaigns, building and maintaining a PR/media outreach strategy
- This is not a remote role (apologies) or a part-time role, candidates must be London based or be prepared to commute into London four day in a week, with the fifth day being a work-from-home arrangement
In addition to the above, candidates must possess the know-how to build an analytics framework across google tags, facebook pixel, google analytics, and recommend metrics to test efficacy of all digital and social media marketing campaigns, using analytics to proactively inform management strategy
Working arrangements / Compensation
The Digital Marketing Manager role will be structured as a 6-month Fixed Term Contract (FTC) on a full time basis, with four days working from office at We Work, Moorgate and a one day – remote working arrangement, based out of London, UK.
We will offer a gross salary package, pension benefits and potentially a stock options scheme to the right candidate. The 6 month FTC period can potentially expand on a monthly rollover basis as the business grows and secures additional investments from the investor community, and may also convert to a permanent position in the firm.