Downstream digital it&s software engineer
Form of employment: contract
Start date: immediate
OnSite with Client in: London, UK (Zone 2)
About us/AUBAY Group www.aubay.com Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7000 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €423 million in 2018. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
Aubay were recognised as #32 best High-Tech Employer in 2016 in France (Google #1).
AubayUK are also based at Europe’s foremost Fintech hub called Level39 www.level39.co at One Canada Square in London/Canary Wharf, E14 5AB and our Client-side demand is in London/Geneva/Paris/Singapore and Houston. Our Clients are globally recognised as Super Majors Financial Services and innovative FinTech. You will be working onsite at one End-Client. You will have the opportunity to work direct for the client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- .. doing what it takes for lasting results.
- .. combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- .. personally aiming high and wanting better.
- .. being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- .. about what you do for the company
- Attitude…positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude…think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation…striving to be better than before
- Trust…your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity…thinking of others and striving for excellence
Downstream digital it&s software engineer– Job Description
Role synopsis the on-going focus on integration and the current initiative to migrate to an alternative integration and hosting solution in the cloud has resulted in the need for a Senior Software Engineer within Integration Services. This role will provide critical development capability to ensure a successful migration and roll out to the replacement middleware platform and hosting on Redhat Open Shift.
This role is an influential technical position and requires a pro-active approach. The ability to bring together the technical viewpoints of various parties to arrive at an agreed architecture is paramount. Equally the determination to ensure mandated frameworks, tools and methodologies are implemented and followed. The candidate will have a DevOps mind-set, recognising the need to address non-functional and operational requirements as part of development and work closely with platform teams to deliver and operate the solution. The role requires close teamwork and collaboration to take ownership of issues and drive them through to resolution. The candidate will be expected to work with the Scrum Master and Project Manager to help plan and shape the work and flag issues or blockers as appropriate.
- Supporting existing portal hosted on TomCat using hibernate
- Developing and supporting core integration components, including a bespoke SDK based on Java and Open Adapter; message broker; message bridge; LDAP-based configuration services; and custom support tools
- Implementing migration tooling and pipelines for the current migration project to production
- Supporting existing core java services running
- Migration to host the portal and java services on RedHat Openshift.
- Migration of the middleware platform from TIBCO EMS to RedHat AMQ including client code changes
- Be a valued development advisor to Integration Services management Team and stakeholders.
Essential criteria & qualifications:
This role requires a broad and deep understanding of integration tools and techniques relevant to commodity trading.
- In depth experience with the TIBCO product set, including EMS and AMX
- In depth experience with the RedHat product set including Open Shift, AMQ and Camel.
- Experience with micro services
- Strong skills in automated testing at unit, integration and acceptance levels, including consumer-driven testing
- Demonstrable experience in using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery techniques, including building the supporting pipelines
- Proven track record in implementing enterprise integration solutions
- Ability to manage multiple development tracks simultaneously
- Good communication and relationship building skills to ensure working with a wide variety of customers and stakeholders is successful.
- Strong delivery focus
- Demonstrated practical technical leadership
- Strong experience of technical standards creation and communication
- Strong ‘hands-on’ experience of designing, deploying and managing complex technical environments (high availability, multiple server, multiple application, scaleable tiered architectures)
- ITIL Certification, at least a Foundation
- Excellent written and verbal communication and influencing skills to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience of leading and developing effective technical deliveries.
- Has worked in a DevOps culture, working closely with Operations staff and other teams to deliver, monitor and continuously improve services.
- Core Java (1.8) including multi-threading
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of middleware technologies including TIBCO EMS and Red Hat AMQ
- Docker, OpenShift (and/or Kubernetes) and Infrastructure-as-code experience
- Ansible experience, including developing and maintaining playbooks• Linux, UNIX and Windows Operating System (Solaris) standards, administration & troubleshooting
- Automated testing using tools such as JUnit, Cucumber, Wiremock or similar
- Application Monitoring tools such as Splunk, Hawkular, Prometheus or similar
- Metrics capture and dash boarding using Graphana, Kibana or similar
- Advanced TomCat Administration
- Art factory and Maven Experience
- TFS Experience
- Source control using git
- Database Fundamentals (SQL and Schemas)
- Networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, DHCP, LAN, WAN, firewalls
- Active Directory & LDAP Fundamentals
- Practical experience of using Hibernate and similar
- Practical experience of AWS.
Process & Tools:
- Advanced understanding of Software Delivery Lifecycle
- Technical Procedure Authoring
- Knowledge of TFS, Maven, Artifactory software
- Demonstrable experience working in an agile delivery methodology such as Scrum or Kanban.
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
- Experience of delivering into trading software development projects
- Cloud Computing
- Java and .NET
- Application Server Farms
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 73,000 employees across more than 78 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading.
Becoming one of us:
- Market price
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you an access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work direct for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis