Finance Manager & Projects
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Finance Manager within Level39.
The role sits within the Finance Department of Level39. We are looking to grow the team with people who are passionate about working within a start-up environment. Candidates must have a strong analytical approach and be focused on exploring new possibilities.
Occupying the entire 39th floor of the iconic One Canada Square tower at Canary Wharf, Level39 is uniquely placed to bring together the most innovative tech talent from London’s tech city and global players in the finance, retail and smart cities marketplace.
Profile: The successful candidate will possess a keen and curious interest in the latest fintech, retail tech and smart cities developments and is likely to be either in part qualified mid-finalist stages of their studies with a professional accounting body or currently within a commercial environment.
Excellent interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills; computer skills; multi-tasking abilities; willingness to learn; integrity and honesty are essential for this role.
- Assisting with monthly / quarterly and end of year preparation and procedures
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as banking, invoicing, and other transactions
- Track the company’s financial status and financial performance to identify areas for potential improvement – revenue reassurance analysis
- Prepare Monthly Management Accounts analysis for monthly reporting to Head of Finance Level39
- Supporting Head of Finance and in some cases lead ongoing Financial Operations Projects to execution and delivery
- Oversee financial department employees, including Financial Coordinator and Finance Apprentice
- Contact outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior management to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Prepare financial reports to senior management, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations, GDPR and legislation
- To carry out any other reasonable duties, as requested and assigned by Head of Finance
- Degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field; with experience in a finance role with relevant commercial acumen
- Must be a team player
- Desire to grow, learn and develop with a problem-solving approach
- A resourceful approach with a curious entrepreneurial flair
- The candidate must be highly organised, attention to detail with excellent time management
- Ability to operate with a calm and professional manner always
- Ability to communicate with members at all levels in a highly professional manner, both written and verbal.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office package, Word and PowerPoint & Excel
- Display ability to work to produce work of high standards
- Demonstrate previous experience of development and leadership skills
- Ability to adapt and change within a challenging and fulfilling fast paced SME environment
- Mid-Finalist stage towards completion of CIMA, ACCA, ACA or related accounting professional body, preferably CIMA.
Health Safety and Welfare Responsibilities
All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy in the Administrative Rules & Procedures and the Health Safety & Welfare Manual.
All staff are required to follow the CWG environmental policies for minimisation of waste and effective energy management as defined in the CWG Environmental Manual and associated documents.
Quality Management Responsibilities
All staff are required to comply with CWG Quality Management System requirements detailed within Company Quality Manual, Policies and to ensure that all Procedures; Plans and Forms within InfoBase are effectively implemented to meet the set ISO 9001 Quality Management Standard.