Front-End Web Developer
About Elfin Market
We’re a young fintech start-up which aims to disrupt the credit card market in the UK. We use peer-to-peer lending – that is, we directly connect borrowers and lenders without costly banking intermediaries – to offer a cheap alternative to credit cards to our borrowers and solid returns to our lenders (we’re actually the first peer-to-peer lending platform in the world to offer flexible credit akin to a credit card). We are preparing to launch a beta version of our platform. We’re currently a team of three, including our two co-founders, and we’re looking for a motivated and ambitious front-end developer to join us in our exciting journey.
You will be working in close collaboration with our co-founders on all aspects of our frontend website. This will include converting designs into fully functioning website pages, integrating back-end APIs to our front-end, developing new website features in line with business priorities, as well as maintaining and improving our existing front-end systems. You will be expected to write scalable, testable and efficient code, while being mindful of security and data protection risks.
We plan to launch several new features in the coming months, you will have a key role in their development and will be involved in all the steps of the process.
The ideal candidate
We’re looking for someone with the following profile:
– Familiar with AngularJS framework
– Experience building responsive web pages
– Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and how to resolve them
– Familiarity with RESTful APIs
– Previous work experience developing the front-end of a website application
– Extreme motivation: as our first front-end developer, we’re looking for someone who will be as involved as Elfin Market’s co-founders themselves and who will get things done.
– Open-mindedness: we love discussing ideas and exchanging constructive criticism, especially before taking any major decision for the firm. You’ll be a key part of those exchanges.
– BSc/MSc in Computer Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics or a related subject
Additionally, if you tick any of the following boxes, this will be a definite plus:
– Creative skills, e.g. in web design
– Knowledge of SEO concepts
– Experience working in a tech start-up
– Working in an early stage start-up will give you the opportunity to acquire lots of different skills and grow your role over time beyond its initial scope.
– We expect you to be a key part of the company’s growth. As such, your compensation package will include shares in the company.
– Really cool working environment at Level39, London’s largest fintech accelerator, which provides great views over Canary Wharf, free teas and coffees, freshly baked cookies every day and ping pong tables!
– Flexible working arrangements
– Your very own MacBook
If you’re looking to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment, with a strong desire to
learn and take on responsibilities quickly, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies please.