Full-stack and iOS developer
Seeking talented full-stack and iOS developers for an early-stage start-up in the Open Banking and Digital Identity space. All levels will be considered, from graduates / junior developers through to senior engineers (we will be looking to hire / appoint a head of engineering at some point soon).
The ideal candidate will have experience building innovative products that are completely new to the world – we’re not looking to replicate anything that’s already out there (don’t be fooled by our website, that’s only a small part of what we’re building!).
We are looking for the type of person who wants and thinks in terms of impact through disruptive ideas and bold innovations, by being an individual contributor and a key team player.
That said, as we are a fintech provider regulated by the FCA, security will be key – you’ll need a strong understanding of current security protection measures as well as be able to think outside the box to predict what future threats might emerge.
From a technical perspective, knowledge in the following areas would be highly beneficial (though neither necessary, nor sufficient):
- Native iOS and/or Android development skills
- Ability to convert a Figma prototype to iOS application
- Experience of mobile device security
- SwiftUI, Flutter and GraphQL
- Google Cloud or AWS platform
- Microservices and serverless
- Integration using Restful services and pubsub messaging
- Security using JWT, X.509, OAuth, key management and encryption
- Database skills using relational and NoSQL platforms
Tools and frameworks
- Spring Boot and wider ecosystem
- Code quality tools i.e., SonarCube
- Docker and Kubernetes
- DevOps i.e., CI/CD pipelines on Gitlab, GitHub etc.
- API tools i.e., Postman and Swagger
- Test scripting and automation
- Behaviour Driven Development framework – Tools experience such as cucumber.io
- Quality assurance KPIs, reporting and management
Some other key factors to consider before contacting us:
· We are an early-stage start-up creating a new-to-the-world proposition, therefore ambiguity and uncertainty is a given; if you haven’t read The Lean Startup and The Innovator’s solution, then now would be a good time!
· The business has a strong social element, focused on financial well-being and inclusivity – if this doesn’t excite you, it’s unlikely you will excite us
· Our founders / board-members / advisors are ex top-tier strategy consultants and senior figures from banking and academia, so be prepared to spar with some formidable minds
· Time spent with leading technology company (in particular big tech or fintech), or with a leading consulting firm would be great, but what we’re really looking for is someone with a willingness to learn and grow with the business – values, attitude, and intellectual curiosity will be just as important as experience
· A post-graduate degree from a top university isn’t necessary, but will be a good indicator that you have the intellectual heft we’re seeking
We’re not so naive as to think the people we’re looking for won’t have a dozen other great offers at any point in time – but what we’re offering is something a little different (we hope) in terms of:
– Your ability to get in on the ground floor with a business that has significant backing and a super-ambitious business model (this will never be a £50 million company, it’s unicorn or bust!)
– An opportunity to develop and grow your career by having direct access to and mentorship from an outstanding leadership team, and to be part of the whole product development process (We’re not looking for code monkeys… Can we even say “code monkeys” anymore?)
– The opportunity to make a genuine difference to a whole lot of peoples’ lives… if you’ve ever known anyone suffering under credit card debt, or who couldn’t get a mortgage or car loan because a lender screwed them over with bad advice (or by selling them terrible products) then you’ll know what we mean
– A culture that reflects the changing world, changing values, and changing expectations around the role work plays in your life; flexible working is a given, and a 4-day work week is currently being negotiated between founders and investors