In-House Legal Counsel
DigitalGenius is a venture-backed artificial intelligence company, bringing practical applications of deep learning and AI to customer service operations of large and growing companies. With offices in London and San Francisco we’re a growing team of like-minded and supportive people with the goal of transforming customer service through application of artificial intelligence.
Working closely with Director of Operations you will provide a range of pro-active legal support in addressing legal implications and compliance issues across the business. Some of the key responsibilities of this role but not limited to will be:
- Advise senior management and business clients on various aspects of English law.
- Advise on legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures and company policies.
- Support the sales team with multiple live MSA negotiations.
- Engage with the business to build credibility and trust, whilst supporting them in addressing legal implications and compliance issues.
- Negotiate and draft a wide range of commercial contracts and NDA.
- Support the Founders and Director of Operations on resolving legal issues that face the business from time to time.
- General legal research and legal administrative duties as required.
- BA/BS/LLB degree or equivalent practical experience.
- A Qualified solicitor in Scotland or England & Wales.
- Broad experience of SaaS agreement, commercial and IT law, and experience of advising on data protection and liability issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial contracts, IP, Research & Development agreements, NDA, state aid and procurement law.
- Minimum three + years of post-qualified experience.
- Analytical, problem solving and ability to implement effective and creative solutions in a legally compliant manner.
- Excellent organisational and record keeping skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Confident and effective provision of advice to stakeholders to enable them to make accurate decisions.
- Ability to work constructively with the Founders and Director of Operations with the ability to challenge decisions in the best interest for DigitalGenius.
- Ability to work autonomously; must show ability and desire to “own a problem” and take responsibility for finding solutions.
- Flexibility and ability to react quickly to changing priorities.
- Proactive in approach to work.
What We Offer
- Experience in a rapidly growing, diverse and one of the best start-ups in the AI industry
- Competitive salary
- Generous vacation days, public holidays and sick leave
- Pension Scheme
- Gym membership at Third Space in Canary Wharf or Travel Contribution
- Company MacBook
- Company Cycle Scheme
- A free selection of teas, coffees, juices and freshly baked cookies everyday
- Sponsorship to attend relevant worldwide conferences and trainings
- Freedom to experiment with your ideas and develop your skills
- Great working environment in Canary Wharf with stunning views of London
- US/UK Team Summits
- Need anything? We are committed to your success as we know that it equates to ours so anything you need to do your job well? Just ask!
- Ownership and Meritocracy: We aren’t clock watchers and work in a highly results-driven way. So, you can expect full autonomy to experiment with your ideas and meritocracy from us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.