Infrastructure/Platform Lead (perm)
The Infrastructure/Platform Lead will be responsible for the integrity of the core of our platform. They will work closely with the architect, CTO and development partner to design, enable and support the infrastructure underlying the platform, to manage all test and live environments and support the infrastructure needs of the project.
The platform will be deployed, packaged as Infrastructure as Code, both in the cloud and later potentially on premise, and so the cloud infrastructure design and support are key activities.
The role will be somewhat hands-on, working day to day with the developers and pairing with the development partner technical lead, and may include development of POC’s for the evaluation of ideas and new technologies.
Reporting to: CTO
Key Skills and experience:
· Proven experience in cloud infrastructure design, implementation and support
· Understanding of DevOps
· Good knowledge of Distributed computing concepts and applications
· Experience of designing and deploying in the cloud (AWS/ Azure most usefully)
· Infrastructure as Code and Automation.
· Understanding of networking, security and scalability considerations.
· Hands on configuration skills (in appropriate technologies – Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes etc)
· An Innovative mind-set, keeping ahead of technology evolution
· Experience in building an infrastructure/ DevOps support and maintenance capability, people and tools.
· Infrastructure architecture
· Strong communication skills
· Computer Science or Engineering degree
· Knowledge of Blockchain, DLT, understanding of infrastructural implications
· Experience of working in a multi-party environment
· Emerging or present leadership qualities
· Experience of working in an Agile mode, knowledge of associated tools and approaches