Junior Front-Office Developer
AubayUK based in London-Canary Wharf are looking for a Junior Front-Office Developer on the PERMANENT side.
The role is with our Multinational and prestigious Client based in London-Canary Wharf and their Trading Department.
- The Developer will deliver high quality coding capability and support. You will work with the Lead Developer on design, development and maintenance of enhancements and defect fixes to agreed code and quality standards across the entire breadth of the Front Office system landscape.
- You will have experience of delivering major project deliveries. You will engage with a diverse range of people, building positive relationships within IT and with our business partners, across various geographies, skillsets and seniority within the organisation. As such, it is vital that the applicant possesses exceptional communication skills and can explain both technical concepts to non-technical audiences and business strategy to technology teams.
- The applicant must have good understanding in and be capable of explaining concepts such as SOLID design principles, agile development, test driven development, and DevOps.
- Further, you will possess the enthusiasm to inspire others to adopt new ways of working.
- Analyse, develop and deliver robust solutions into new and existing platforms across the Front-Office landscape.
- Work in an Agile, business facing development team to build, develop and operate applications, tools, and services. The team is multifunctional and includes .NET and Java Developers, Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers, etc.
- Care deeply about the technical side of operations to help ensure smooth running for our critical trading application portfolio.
- Work with the Development Lead to drive the evaluation, adoption, management, and optimisation of various DevOps tools (TFS, Geneos, Splunk, SpecFlow etc.).
- Work closely with product owners, traders and senior leaders within technology and commercial teams, to implement project objectives.
- Enjoy working within a dynamic technical landscape comprising legacy monoliths to microservices as we transition our applications to a containerised, cloud platform.
- Understand, appreciate, and follow the Scrum framework, TDD and BDD.
- Be open to change and a strong advocate for innovative technology and methods.
- Computer science degree (or equivalent/maths background) – A MUST
Experience and job requirements:
- Practical experience working with business stakeholders, with the ability to go from verbal description, to prototype, to final deliverable, iterating as necessary.
- Experience development of enterprise applications using one or more of the following technologies, .NET C# or C++(if any other language like Java, Python, etc., then willingness to learn C# programming language and work in this environment).
- Excellent communication skills – A MUST
- Experience of Agile SDLCs, particularly Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience of working as part of a team that promotes positive collaboration to achieve goals
- Understanding of messaging systems and protocols such as SOAP, REST, HTTP, TCP.
There are certain qualities and character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values:
- Commitment: doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together: combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven: personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart: being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate: about what you do for the company
- Attitude: positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude: think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation: striving to be better than before
- Trust: your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity: thinking of others and striving for excellence