Junior Java Developer
At NUM Technology we are on a mission to organise the world’s open data, starting with company contact data in the UK. For a 90 second explainer of our technology visit here.
We are empowering companies with control of their own data, opening up new possibilities for developers to build things and making interactions more efficient for users. This year we are focussed on creating the most comprehensive source of free UK company data, with an ambition to internationalise this offering next year.
We are looking for a Junior Java Developer to extend our established API and systems, adding new features to improve the experience of users and support the growth of the business.
We need you to:
- Work with senior engineers to solve problems and build high quality software
- Maintain existing components and extend their features
- Build new components that integrate with the system
- Extend our Continuous Integration (CI) system and automated integration test suite
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
- Knowledge about backend development
- Experience working with the Java language (academic experience is fine as long as you’re comfortable using the language)
- Interest of backend technologies and motivation to learn new skills while solving problems
And ideally (but not essential):
- Experience with Spring Boot Applications
- Experience using asynchronous messaging system (Kafka, RabbitMQ, …)
- Knowledge of Docker / Kubernetes
This is a great opportunity to learn about a broad set of technologies. Here are a few tools and software that you will interact with and learn about as part of the job: Spring Boot micro services, JPA, Zuul, Kafka, RDS, S3, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Github, Cypress, Sentry, Prometheus, Jaeger and more.
The role is primarily based at our Level39 office in Canary Wharf (once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted) with the opportunity for some home working. The opportunity to work together, in the office, will provide a great environment to learn from, and interact with, the existing team of senior engineers.
This role offers a great opportunity to develop your skills and industry experience, in a growing company with huge potential that offers flexible working arrangements and the opportunity to change the status quo!
To apply please send your CV (no more than two pages) and a cover letter (no more than one page) to email@example.com with the following email subject “Junior Java Developer”, no later than 31/03/21. If you have not heard from us by 23/04/21 then you will have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note you must have the right to work in the UK. No agencies please.