Junior Python Data Engineer
DigitalGenius is a venture backed technology company that develops software for enterprise customer service using advanced deep learning methodologies. We’re a growing team of friendly people with a goal to make customer service better through the use of artificial intelligence. We are strongly backed by some of the world’s most successful VCs and our plans for the future are nothing but ambitious. To make them happen, we need to hire the best people.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to help us work on key components of our data driven services. We are signing a growing list of clients, each bringing a new dataset with them, and our neural networks can only be as good as the data they learn from. We need someone to help us automate our data cleaning and validation processes, and to help us automate our analysis and understanding of new, prospective clients, and the conversations they have with their customers.
As a Data Engineer at DigitalGenius, you will make sure that millions of social media, email and chat message exchanges are meaningful, clean and noiseless. You will help our commercial team understand when new customers have the right kind of data for our services or whether a deeper dive is needed. And you will also help us gain new insights about the kinds of human interactions we are modelling and automating. You will do all this working in a team of engineers, developers, researchers and executives in an agile and creative environment.
- A quantitative degree is a must (computer science, machine learning, physics, mathematics, …), MSc or BSc
- Lots of Python! We love quality coders. We are looking for candidates who have been working in Python for at least a year – but experienced coders who prefer other languages will be considered
- Experience analysing large scale natural language datasets
- An ability to automate repetitive data cleaning, reporting and extraction processes
- Strong focus on quality. Unit and integration testing skills
Some experience with at least 5 from the following will be very useful. But if you are confident in your stack skills, don’t let this hold you back.
- Data modelling, cleaning and summarization
- NLP (n-grams, POS tagging, TF-IDF, topic modelling, clustering)
- Sklearn and other ML libraries
- JSON, RestAPI, …
- Data presentation and summarization toolboxes, e.g. Plotly
- RestAPI and app development: requests, Flask, Django …
- AWS (ec2, ecs, S3)
- Experience in a rapidly growing, diverse and one of the best start-ups in the AI industry
- Competitive salary
- Generous vacation days, public holidays and sick leave
- Pension Scheme
- Gym membership Third Space in Canary Wharf or Travel Contribution
- Company MacBook
- Company Cycle Scheme
- A free selection of teas, coffees, juices and freshly baked cookies everyday
- Sponsorship to attend relevant worldwide conferences and trainings
- Freedom to experiment with your ideas and develop your skills
- Great working environment in Canary Wharf with stunning views of London
- US/UK Summits
- Need Anything? We are committed to your success as we know that it equates to ours so anything you need to your job well? Just ask!
- Ownership and Meritocracy: We aren’t clock watchers and work in a highly results-driven way. So, you can expect full autonomy to experiment with your ideas and meritocracy from us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.