Mid/Senior Level Product Manager
About the company:
Plinth is an innovative, high-growth FinTech start up based in London.
At Plinth, we are building a first-of-its-kind software platform to digitalise the entire value chain of an investment for the alternative asset management industry. Alternative assets are targeted to be a $13 trillion industry by 2020 but the sector continues to run on manual or antiquated systems. It presents an immense opportunity to build a platform that will enable sector wide transformation, as well as empower new, digitally-enabled business models to come to market.
Plinth is headquartered at Level 39, a premier hub for high-tech, high-growth companies in Canary Wharf in London. We work amongst a diverse, driven and international group of highly talented people. Find us at http://plinth.tech.
About the role:
We are looking for a self-driven, high performer with an entrepreneurial spirit to join the team as a Mid/Senior level Product Manager. In this role, you will own the full lifecycle of product development activities, from analysis to delivery while working closely with a team of product designers, software engineers and QAE.
Plinth’s platform is currently in beta with external client. For the right candidate, this is a really exciting time to join us in our journey. This is a client-facing and offers tremendous room to grow, build a team and be part of shaping the product strategy and culture of the company.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Own the full lifecycle of product development activities: business analysis, scope definition and prioritization, eliciting requirements from an array of different stakeholders, user story management and driving delivery
- Closely collaborate with the engineering team for prioritization and implementation planning
- Measure performance of releases and products and look for continuous improvement
- Drive market research to discover available alternative solutions; assist with selecting right solutions based on business and technical constraints and market opportunities
- Gain a deep understanding of the domain and customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas
- Foster a business driven perspective on the scope (why are we doing this) and facilitate the process of discovering solutions (how can we do this)
- Maintain a strong focus on delivery
- Conduct client discussions / discovery sessions and identify commonalities and differences to feed the overall product strategy
- Track market trends and competitive landscape
What we are looking for:
- Experience as a product manager in a product organization and / or a start up
- Demonstrable experience with agile techniques and tools (e.g. scrum, Jira, story boards)
- Capacity to develop a technical understanding of the product, without getting lost in it
- Prior experience within financial services highly preferred
- A can-do, outcome-focused approach; you drive to ensure that the team delivers on targets
- Adaptability and comfort with ambiguity; you are key to turning high level feedback/research into actionable requirements
- Keen learner; whether its new tools, methodologies, best practices or domain knowledge
- Self–starter and collaborative by nature; ability to work independently and willingness to share your experience
- Effective communicator; excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Logical thinking; get joy from problem solving
- Deep sense of ownership – you enjoy your tradecraft and take pride in your deliverables
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to achieve great things
What you will gain:
- Deep, meaningful experience in requirements engineering and product development
- An opportunity to build domain expertise in the FinTech / financial services industry
- Exposure to strategy functions – product and company
- Opportunity to be a part of the high-growth FinTech sector in London and work in a dynamic, fast moving environment
- Mentoring from the founder/CEO
- Vibrant working environment with great free coffee, drinks, cookies and brilliant networking opportunities
- Tremendous growth opportunity; plenty to take ownership of and grow with the company
Location / Offer:
Role is based in our London office and requires some travel. Compensation will be in line with your experience.
How to apply:
If interested, please send a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.