Optimisation Integration Developer (Java FX Developer)
Form of employment: permanent
Start date: immediate
OnSite with Client in: London, UK (Zone 2)
About us/AUBAY Group www.aubay.com Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7000 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €423 million in 2018. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
Aubay were recognised as #32 Best High-Tech Employer in 2016 in France (Google #1).
AubayUK are also based at Europe’s foremost Fintech hub called Level39 www.level39.co at One Canada Square in London/Canary Wharf, E14 5AB and our Client-side demand is in London/Geneva/Paris/Singapore and Houston. Our Clients are globally recognised as Super Majors Financial Services and innovative FinTech. You will be working onsite at one End-Client. You will have the opportunity to work direct for the client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- .. doing what it takes for lasting results.
- .. combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- .. personally aiming high and wanting better.
- .. being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- .. about what you do for the company
- Attitude…positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude…think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation…striving to be better than before
- Trust…your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity…thinking of others and striving for excellence
Optimisation Integration Developer (Java FX Developer) – Job Description
The Optimisation Integration Developer will be responsible for the analysis, development and operation of existing LNG optimisation software global LNG business. He or she reports to the Optimisation Technical Team Lead and is involved in all aspects of delivery and support.
As part of the role, the Optimisation Integration Developer will work closely with Trading Analysts and Trading Operators to optimise various aspects LNG operations, ranging from efficient logistical operations (shipping scheduling) to ensuring our portfolios are kept optimal.
Most the individual’s time will be focused in writing code, while pursuing software engineering best practices for design, building and testing. High-quality documentation, traceability and knowledge sharing is expected.
Additionally, the Optimisation Integration Developer will work directly with the Optimisation Technical Team Lead on the evolution of the current technology platform in place.
This is a unique role well positioned to create substantial value for the business and requires a results driven, enthusiastic individual with the right mix of analytical, software development and communication skills.
A technical graduate degree from a recognized university.
- Advanced knowledge of Java and associated ecosystem (Java 8, Eclipse, Maven, GIT, Jenkins, RESTful Web Services).
- Strive for excellence and continuous improvement in software architecture, Agile methods and build systems.
- Ability to work closely with the business in the Front Office draw out their requirements, design, and implement suitable solutions.
- Strong communication skills with ability to present ideas well graphically as well as verbally.
- Work closely with the business to create value for the business through LNG optimisation
- Experience working with Spring Boot, JPA, Kerberos, AWS, Ansible, Docker, Openshift, BDD, Cucumber
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 73,000 employees across more than 78 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading.
Becoming one of us:
- Salary Band £75k
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you an access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work direct for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis