mmob is driving the open finance agenda globally, enabling digital brands to rapidly deploy complementary, connected services via intelligent partnerships within their digital channels. mmob’s Intelligent Partnership Platform delivers a comprehensive suite of products that empower brands to deliver long-term value to their customers by maximising the value of intelligent partnerships.
mmob was founded in July 2020 by experts in digital transformation from Barclays, HSBC, Goldman Sachs, and Credit Suisse. MMOB raised £1m at Seed in 2020, backed by finance industry leaders and seasoned entrepreneurs, offering immense strategic benefits in driving traction. This investment has allowed mmob to validate its approach, build its core platform and secure initial commercial agreements.
Within just a few months, from scratch, mmob’s leadership team have achieved impressive traction, signing commercial terms with initial partners, building a rich pipeline of qualified prospects, and defining the strategy for scaling commercial operations.
For 2021, mmob has set ambitious objectives, focused on driving commercial growth and accelerating the delivery of its technology roadmap. These milestones are imperative for smashing our Series A round, planned for June of this year. From a growth perspective, mmob is at a pivotal point, presenting an amazing opportunity to join an ambitious Fintech on its (hyper) growth journey!
As mmob’s first dedicated sales leader, you will work alongside and report into the COO, to evolve our existing partnerships strategy and meet targets set for 2021 and beyond.
In leading mmob’s partnerships function, you will be responsible for executing mmob’s commercial strategy, driving commercial traction and meeting company objectives. Your sector-specific experience will allow you to hit the ground running, knowing exactly who to take our proposition to and what to say to quickly convert potential opportunities.
You relish the sales process, love the thrill of the chase and getting deals over the line, whilst building exceptional rapport with clients. Companies buy from you as you know how to build trust, taking the time to listen and demonstrate your understanding of their business and aligning mmob’s proposition to it. You present compelling solutions and structured arguments, drawing from your knowledge of business operations and technology, able to hold your own in any situation and demonstrate critical thinking.
You tend to feel responsible for each of the clients you close, whilst you enjoy closing deals, creating value for them is more important. You have strong values and integrity, taking a long-term view, wanting to be part of a mission-led company that has an unrivalled reputation.
For your next role, you are looking to make an impact, demonstrating your ability to make an impact whilst driving the open finance agenda.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll be….
● Building and maintaining a strong pipeline of new business prospects and developing strategies to increase deal flow
● Identifying, nurturing and developing new business opportunities and relationships at a senior level
● Preparing commercial proposals, responding to RFPs, negotiating contracts, and closing deals
● Working with our product and tech teams to onboard new partnerships and launch new propositions, some with complex technical integrations
● Collaborating closely with teams across the business, as well as our partners, to develop marketing activities to drive leads and boost awareness
To hit the ground running, we think you’d probably need…
● You have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar senior-level partnerships role
● You are a highly results-driven and proactive self-starter with a proven track record in growing revenues through highly profitable partnership programmes across Fintech, financial services or other non-financial digital brands
● You have experience of building and managing high-performance sales teams
● You are a natural networker with a real passion for building strong and long-lasting relationships with C-suite and executive-level stakeholders
● You have an extensive network of relationships which you can quickly leverage to help us achieve some very bold growth targets
● You are equally at home managing existing partnerships, as you are getting stuck-in and closing new partnership opportunities
● You’re an excellent communicator with the ability to listen to and analyse customer needs
● You’re great at managing your time, juggling multiple tasks and quickly mastering challenging topics
For the interview, we’d also love to…
· See press coverage of partnerships secured that you have led and executed, explaining how they came about and their commercial benefits
In return, we offer you:
● A competitive salary, package and the ability to make your mark at an ambitious Fintech
● An amazing team and founders, supportive board and investors
● Clear company direction, transparency and share of voice
● Commitment to culture, with lavish office socials, perks and more (trust us it’s fun, but not forced)
● Commitment to personal development, with options for professional training
● Flexibility with working hours, GSD is the most important thing for us!
● Fun, modern and informal office environment with regular team social events
● Central London location with the best view in town (39th floor of One Canada Square)
● Brand new tech, that works and hasn’t been around the houses
● Access to impressive business leaders and external consultants
Please note – due to COVID-19, we’re currently working predominantly remotely. In the long term, we’ll be embracing a hybrid way of working that allows us to connect and collaborate in person as well as harness the benefits of working remotely.