People & Culture Manager
We’re looking for a talented HR professional to take on the newly created People & Culture Manager role. The CybSafe Tribe is your customer so we want someone with a passion for making the employee experience one of a kind and memorable one.
You’ll be working with the Head of People & Culture and Office Manager to deliver ambitious and exciting objectives that build upon the foundations of great culture, processes and systems established to upscale the business over the last year following an investment round.
You’ll lead on the day to day management and innovation of people and culture activities which includes, but is not limited to, overseeing the hiring and onboarding experience, managing staff welfare, guiding line managers/tribe members on the performance management process, making sure we have the best company events, and ensuring that our benefits remain fresh, relevant and loved by the Tribe.
In partnership with the Head of People & Culture you will also manage our people and culture policies and procedures and ensure they remain relevant and up-to-date with current legislation as well as support business growth.
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE’RE AFTER:
You are someone who likes to be a HR go-to person. For you, no job is too big or too small.
You have a passion for being the backbone of a professional and approachable people and culture department. You can preempt and react/adapt to changing needs. You are friendly and approachable; an enabler who loves being part of a team. You have a high EQ, very good people skills and are able to interact confidently and empathetically with all the different types of people in CybSafe from CEO & FD to Customer Success Executives and the Engineering team.
You’re as happy taking direction as you are using your own initiative
You have a consistently positive and can-do attitude even when asked to do things outside of your job description and skill set. Importantly, you have the ability to stay super-organized and sustain a strong attention to detail while thriving in a fast-paced environment. Simply put, when you take on a task or responsibility, we can rest easy knowing you’ve got it! You’re a completer-finisher.
Finally, you understand and embrace technology and are hungry for knowledge and the opportunity to evolve the people and culture capability of a fast-growing tech company to ensure it is well prepared and well-structured for the growth that will come.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Work in partnership with the Head of People & Culture to:
- Develop and implement People & Culture strategies and initiatives aligned with business plan objectives.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
- Manage the activities associated with the full employment cycle for all CybSafe employees.
- Maintain on call external support to advise on employment law.
- Assess training needs and monitor training programs.
- Ensure CybSafe’s HRIS (BambooHR) is maintained and reviewed to ensure accurate data is kept
- Draft the monthly and quarterly People & Culture management reports. Provide insightful commentary on metrics.
Manage the recruitment and onboarding/offboarding experience and processes doing this well will create a long lasting impression on new starters and leavers.
Work closely with the Head of People & Culture and Office Manager to arrange company parties, the company retreat, birthdays, staff anniversaries, etc. We believe this to be a critical component of our team’s success and culture and want someone who can continuously grow and evolve our great working environment.
Work closely with the Head of People & Culture and Finance Manager to:
- Maintain pay plan, commission, bonus schemes and benefits.
- Manage contractors
- Manage the preferred suppliers’ list of recruiters.
Manage and Evolve People & Culture-related policies and procedures to ensure high quality and consistent service delivery
Lead an annual compliance audit of all our policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the law and to keep aligned with generally accepted practices.
THE SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU’LL NEED:
- Minimum of 3 years’ proven working experience as HR manager or other HR executive.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human resources-related field, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of employment law and progressive HR practices and key trends.
- Knowledge of HR policies and procedures.
- Ability to engage, inspire and influence people at all levels of the business. A collaborative team player.
- Resourceful, solution-orientated self-starter – confident and proactive in generating and leading new initiatives.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills and demonstrable ability to manage projects.
- A completer-finisher.
- Previous experience working in a tech startup.
- CIPD qualification or equivalent.
- Technology orientated and knowledgeable in collaborative tools such as G-Suite, Slack, Tettra and Trello.
THE PACKAGE AND THE PERKS:
- It’s a full-time role earning up to £50,000 per year with pension plan and contribution by us.
Recognition & Rewards
- You’ll join the discretionary bonus scheme!
- You’ll have access to Perkbox (discounts on great stuff as well as freebies) and Perkbox Medical (24/7 online GPs)
- We’ll give you a £500 reward if you refer someone to us and we hire them!
- We all vote for the company’s unsung hero every month and give them a £50 Amazon gift voucher
Great Working Environment
- We have great offices with the best views in London (see ’Where we Work’ below)
- We have lunch & learns twice a month – you bring yourself, we’ll bring the food and the interesting topic
- There are fruit baskets in the morning and freshly baked cookies in the afternoon. The massive coffee machine and endless supply of cokes and fruit juices also help make each day a pleasant one
- If you work late, pick up something to eat on the way home and we’ll pick up the bill
- The end of summer party, christmas party and company retreat are all highlights of the year
Work Life Balance
- Our annual leave allocation beats the statutory requirement by 5 days! (We give 33 incl Bank Holidays)
- New additions to the family? We’ve got you covered with a range of leave options: maternity, paternity, adoption,
- In the summer, if you put in a little extra time during the week, you can leave at 1pm on Friday
- You don’t have to come to work on your birthday!
- We match time off over Christmas. When the office is closed, for every leave day you take, you can have one on us
- Flexible working
- You can take half a day a month to volunteer for a cause that means something to you.
- You can take a career break after 2 years’ service – up to six months.
A BIT ABOUT US, THE TEAM, AND WHAT’S BEING SAID ABOUT US:
We are CybSafe. We’re passionate about the human aspect of cyber security.
Here’s our Why? How? and What?:
- Why?! We believe that everyone should be empowered to make the best possible cyber security decisions. We do this so they can safely make the most of today’s (and tomorrow’s) technologies.
- How?! We are harnessing the power of science, data and cognitive computing technology. We are doing this because we want to fundamentally transform cyber security awareness, behaviour and culture.
- What?! It just so happens that we’ve created a SaaS platform to do this. Specifically, we’ve created an artificially intelligent cyber security awareness, behaviour and culture risk management solution that puts an end to reliance on tick-box awareness training. The platform also cleverly uses data analytics and behavioural science to ensure behaviour change and show organisations metrics and data that helps them see whether what they are doing is working or not.
We’re making a huge difference to people and businesses all over the world and we’re looking for great people to join our team.
- Find out more about CybSafe here,
- Who’s part of the tribe here, and
- What is being said about us in the press here.
Everything we do at CybSafe is with integrity and we are proud of our very special working culture at CybSafe. Everything we do revolves around five tribal habits – ways of working that we live and breathes, day-in, day-out until they become as effortless as… a habit
No elephants in the room
- we are honest and open in all our communications even when the message may be difficult but we do this with respect and constructively to ensure meaningful discussions. We approach all our communications from a place of positive intent.
- Everyone’s part of the tribe for a reason! Everyone has the opportunity to take the lead and the responsibility to make their teams and CybSafe successful! We are empowered to make deliberate and courageous decisions as a tribe.
We champion each other
- We want the tribe to be successful and inclusive, so we listen to each other’s stories and share them widely to ensure diverse views factor in everything we do. We trust each other’s expertise to build on the work that we do!
No hurdles or blockages
- There are no obstacles at CybSafe! We see potential obstacles as challenges to be approached with courage, creatively and thoughtfully.
Appetite for success
- The tribe are tenacious and have a thirst for excellence! Everyone in the tribe cares about CybSafe and its success.
WHERE WE WORK
Level 39, No 1 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London. Level39 is one of Europe’s most connected technology communities leading the way in Cybersecurity, Fintech and Retail Tech, Aside from the amazing views, we chose Level 39 for its dynamic workspace, packed events calendar and best-in-class facilities which will help us achieve scale.
Explore the Level39 space with this interactive 3D map.
HOW TO APPLY
A short note (or if you’re feeling creative, a video) introducing yourself and why you are the right person for the job.