Product Manager | Renewable Assets
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
Passionate... about what you do for the company
Attitude…positive at all times, we are in customer service
Aptitude…think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
Motivation…striving to be better than before
Trust…your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
Integrity…thinking of others and striving for excellence
- The client is looking for a talented IT delivery lead to join our European Power Team within the Trading division. The Product Manager role is a key leadership role in the IT delivery team, responsible for setting direction and managing teams to create world-class software solutions.
- The ‘European Power’ team is a rapidly expanding team setup in 2018 to help the business grow and expand Power Trading and Renewable Power Generation. The European Power business’s core focus is the trading and optimisation of electricity within Europe.
- Based in London, as the core trading hub, the team supports the sourcing, real-time data connections and industry reconciliation of renewable power. The team enables the shortterm trading of Power generated from owned assets and from Power Purchase Agreements.
- Our growth ambitions mean that a scaling up of capabilities to manage renewable power generation and trade in the fast-paced, highly automated intraday markets is required. This scale-up is to support the business is alongside enhancing and building on existing solutions for trading and market data.
What the role consists of:
- You will be the IT Lead responsible for managing the Power Generation & Origination teams within the ‘European Power’ IT Team, working closely with the Business Owners throughout the IT solution lifecycle. The role requires frequent communication with the General Manager for European Power and engagement with senior stakeholders in the global integrated Power solutions.
- The IT solution is defined by the actual capabilities that drive business outcomes to attract and sell renewable power deals and trade renewable power. The solutions are mainly inhouse, the client built solutions, that represent competitive advantage to the trading and origination teams.
- In addition, you will be responsible in working with internal IT skill pool leads to secure a team with the right skills and capacity to deliver IT solutions. You will also define and lead the ways of working and culture of how the team will deliver.
- Partnering with the Business Owner to co-create solution vision, roadmap, scope and prioritize backlog, customer needs, research, maturity of IT Solution, dependencies etc.
- Own full IT Solution lifecycle including discovery, agile delivery and operations.
- Serve as a thought leader to the Business Owner on the art of the possible and establishing (and maintaining) IT Solution roadmap, applying design thinking, Agile delivery and dev ops where relevant.
- E2E responsible for the IT Solution and act as escalation point for operational and delivery issues
- Maintain an Information & Data strategy for the IT Solution working closely with relevant Chief Data Officer
- Managing the supplier relationships related to the solution and inputs into the Roadmap
- Progress opportunities, seeking the right resources needed to deliver the roadmap
- We’re keen to hear from individuals who have proven Knowledge in Power Trading and Renewable Power Generation. Beyond that, we’d hope to see as many of the following as possible on your CV:
- Extensive knowledge of European power networks and trading exchanges.
- Experience working with real-time power generation solutions & associated data flows.
- Strong IT management, business partnering, forming relationships, stakeholder management, analysis and problem-solving skills, good communication and leadership skills
- Proven track record of managing IT Solution development through entire lifecycle, with preference of design thinking, agile delivery and dev ops experiences
- Working understanding of settlements and accounting associated to renewable generation.
- Working understanding of how Risk and P&L is captured and represented for assets including interfacing with the ETRM. Strong focus on collaboration, team building, and customer service
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading Becoming one of us.
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Monthly / Summer / Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Winter sports holiday at www.aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work direct for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis