TAINA Technology are continuing to grow and now looking for our Sales Director to join our London team and help drive our future success!
Our ideal candidate has experience of selling complex Customer Lifecycle Management, Compliance or Tax solutions to Financial Institutions and understands complex enterprise sales process and stakeholder engagement at large global financial institutions.
You will work in our London offices and your regional focus will be London, Switzerland, Channel Islands and Ireland.
About TAINA and your role with us
TAINA is a growing, award-winning, customer-acquiring RegTech success story. Our clients are leading Banks, Fund Administrators, Insurance Brokers, Custodians, and also the challenger companies in those segments. Our great product aids these clients in their customer lifecycle management by assessing tax compliance, we check tax forms through our fast automated solution.
We have an experienced leadership team with track records to match in product development, operational management, client management, and we’ve already closed big deals and have our solution live in globally recognisable clients. Now we’re looking for the next key piece in our jigsaw, a Sales Director to take our revenue generation to the next level.
We are a company made of people who like to come into work and solve problems together. We’re looking for a Sales Director who sells Customer Lifecycle Management or complex Compliance solutions to Financial Institutions who will be a passionate part of our family. We above all our collaborative and supportive of each other. We allow you the freedom to operate, there is not the heavy bureaucracy that holds you back.
We have completed successful sales already and the product is, simply, the best in class. Now we want you to take that product into the segments and geographies that we’ve only had the bandwidth to skip through, and lead us to success there.
We sell into Banking and Financial Services enterprises and each deal is 6-7 figures . So the nature of our sales such that you’ll generate a manageable number of deals through which you will get to know your prospects well and handhold them through to being clients. We’re not a mass-market business where it’s a percentages and numbers game. You’ll hit numbers here by forming relationships before you close.
- You lead from the front, you have always personally had the biggest pipeline and achieved the best sales in the organisations you’ve worked in.
- Whilst you have enough experience to take a back seat in a purely managerial role you don’t want to, you want to personally grow our small but growing and successful tech company into the next powerhouse through your own sales. For sure you also have your eye on the future where you can grow a small but highly skilled sales team through next year and beyond, but even then you will lead from the front.
- You are collaborative and consultative, both internally and with prospects, and understand tech sales into complex operational environments
- You enjoy identifying champions and professionally and collegiately helping them buy
- Prospects and clients want to see you because of the relationships you have and naturally form
- You can turn initial meetings into enterprise sales, and you know the steps in-between for us and for our prospects
- You can take a pipeline of target companies, expand on it, and turn it into revenue
- You are excited about working in a small company where you are not simply part of the machine, even though that means you don’t get all the bells and whistles of a big company
- Even once you’ve run a complete, conscientious, thorough handover to a delivery team you still enjoy seeing the fruits of your sales come to fruition
- Your colleagues love to deliver what you’ve sold because you interrogate the product deeply and sell that which can be delivered
- Sales – you’ve closed your own deals. You have deals and deal flow on your CV already, £Ms (or $Ms) of software/SaaS sales.
- You sell Finance/Tax and/or Customer Documentation Management solutions into Banks/ Custodians/ Fund Admins/ other large FI
- Added bonus of having sold to Tax Operations, Middle Office, Back Office, etc
- A significant proportion of your career has shown success at selling into enterprises where there is a long lead time, long sales cycle
- Must be able to show that there’s a track record of revenue arriving and continuing 1-2 years after your initial sale, so you can show and we know that you sell that which can be delivered
- Must have written own Schedules to contracts and negotiated changes in Master Agreements.
- Added bonus is that you’ve managed your own Sales team and have hired, trained, grown people and even had to let go. Though perhaps you’re on the brink of this career stage
- Optional is that you’ve managed an Account Management function also
- Must have worked in rapidly growing software company and familiar with handling discussions, with product team, on roadmap and feature requests
- Added bonus is that you’ve worked with Customer Lifecycle Management solutions
- Added bonus is that you’ve worked in the FATCA/CRS space
You are one of:
In the background – your formative years
You have been trained thoroughly and walk in ready to work. And your first task above all is to sell: build out the pipeline, work out the most effective targeting, and shape and close deals.
Secondarily we want people who also already know the processes we’ll need to scale into over time. As we grow we’ll need to add process at the right time, not too much too quickly but as will be required to keep us moving in the right direction.
It is NOT that you’ve worked in a big bureaucratic process-driven organisation, in fact instead we value people who’ve recently been working in a start-up and/or small company environment. Instead the requirement IS that you know the processes that make organisations successful, both organisationally and also the tools and templates, and at what scale to introduce them. If you qualify then you’ll understand the requirement and what we mean.
You could have spent time at Big Tech, perhaps at one of their leadership programmes, or major IT service providers training/ leadership programmes, or major IT advisors, or in a big Bank/ FI.
London, specifically Canary Wharf
London will be your most important market, and you will travel in and around our city extensively. Beyond that you must be able to travel elsewhere up to 1 week in 4, if there is a need. Initially within the UK, in due course potentially and to Ireland and Switzerland. There may be occasional trips to the US too.
Compensation will be very competitive, based on your experience, with commission and an additional equity element. We really care about our team and provide high performers will plenty of growth oportunities with us.