Senior AI Engineer | Data Science
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognised as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
Together... combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
Passionate… about what you do for the company
Attitude…positive at all times, we are in customer service
Aptitude…think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
Motivation…striving to be better than before
Trust…your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
Integrity…thinking of others and striving for excellence
Role Description: The Senior Artificial Intelligence Engineer is responsible for unlocking value for the business through data. Able to identify, mature and deliver opportunities through the value funnel that demonstrate benefits. Strong understanding of the digital and data revolution and its current and future impacts on business. Able to translate business strategy into data-specific actions and interventions, to assess the benefits of new technologies and trends, and have deep understanding of digitalisation and data & analytics. Strong stakeholder and change management skills and ability to partner and influence across the organisational ecosystem, including the Business, IT, TDM, Digital Centre of Excellence and Finance & Data Operations.
Sr. Artificial Intelligence Engineer will support our various business vertical teams with insights gained from analysing company data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimisation and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Skills and Requirements: The successful candidate will need:
- Phyton Data Science skills mandatory e.g. Packages: Numpy, SciPy, Sickt-Learn or Keras or Tensorflow
- Experience with Azure (Blobstorage, Cosmo DB)
- Statistical background e.g. Masters or PhD in STEM Subjects (preferable)
- Experience in working with low granularity time series data
- Experience working with PowerBI – its capabilities, limitations etc.
- Experience in working with Data Engineers to get the most out of ETL processes
- Dedicated to Agile best practices – (shared understanding, enough documentation, focus)
- Familiarity with storage quality practices – (Gold/Silver/Bronze)
- Experience establishing development best practices within a complex and fast paced environment – CI/CD, testing, container management, SCA etc.
- Experience designing and developing distributed applications such as liner solvers and modelling – the exact technology stack is less important than an involvement in designing the approach
- Strong experience with Azure components and infrastructure management (devops)
- Must be willing and capable of mentoring and developing others
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills. Able to articulate a vision and build support for that vision in the wider team and organisation.
- Ability to self-start and direct efforts based on high-level business objectives
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills with the ability to coach and develop teams to meet new challenges.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Work through complex interfaces across organisational and geographic boundaries
- Around 9-15 years of IT experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models and is familiar with the software tools or languages (e.g., Python, R, Pyomo, Julia/Jump, Matlab, SAS)
- Utilise an advanced knowledge level of the Data Science Toolbox to participate in the entire Data Science Project Lifecycle and execute end-to-end Data Science project
- Work end-to-end on Data Science developments contributing to all aspects of the project lifecycle
- Should be able to handle big data, structured, unstructured data and manage the data for further analytical processes
- Have an analytical thought process and ability to process complex information.
- Keep customers as focus of analysis insight and recommendation.
- Help define business objectives/customer needs by capturing the right requirements from the right customers.
- Can take defined problems and identify resolution paths and opportunities to solve them; which you validate by defining hypotheses and driving experiments
- Can identify unstructured problems and articulate opportunities to form new analytics project ideas
- Use and understand the key performance indicators (KPIs) and diagnostics to measure performance against business goals Compile integrate and analyse data from multiple sources to identify trends expose new opportunities and answer ongoing business questions
- Execute hypothesis-driven analysis to address business questions issues and opportunities
- Build validate and manage advanced models (e.g. explanatory predictive) using statistical and/or other analytical methods
- Are familiar working within Agile Project Management methodologies / structures
- Analyse results using statistical methods and work with senior team members to make recommendations to improve customer experience and business results
- Have the ability to conceptualise formulate prototype and implement algorithms to capture customer behaviour and solve business problems
- Analyse results using statistical methods to make recommendations to improve customer experience and business results About the Client-side deployment: Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading Becoming one of us: Remuneration
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Monthly / Summer / Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Winter sports holiday at www.aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned ‘Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant’ at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work direct for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis