Senior Backend (django) Developer
We are CybSafe. We’re passionate about the human aspect of cyber security. We also want to help as many people and businesses as possible – both within our society and the global community.
We’re building the world’s first truly intelligent cyber security awareness platform. We are using artificial intelligence and advanced data analysis to measure and transform user awareness, behaviour and culture within organisations.
Today, many businesses rely on CybSafe to help them address human cyber risk, optimise their use of technology and meet their regulatory and legislative obligations.
We’re making a huge difference to people and businesses all over the world and we’re looking for great people to join our team.
Look at our website for more on the ‘what’ and the ‘how’.
Senior Backend (Django) Engineer
The type of person we’re after:
We’re looking for a talented Senior Backend Engineer who understands the web and loves to do what we do. You will work with the Engineering team to work on our leading cyber security awareness platform and reporting to the Chief Technology Officer. We like people who stay ahead of the curve with new technologies and patterns, and have the experience to know what is best for the team here at CybSafe. Our perfect candidate is passionate about the concepts and skills they will bring to the team, with an openness to share these talents to benefit the team and culture.
We’d like you to have a passion for efficiency and identifying ways in which you can use your talent to help all members of the team. You champion the end users, always striving to deliver the best experience for the hundreds of thousands of people you reach.
We’d also like you to be enthusiastic and have a positive attitude even when asked to do things outside of your job description and skillset. Importantly, we’d like you to have the ability to stay organised and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment with strong attention to detail.
We are 21st century thinkers and so are you. You will join an exciting and vibrant team, contributing vision and input that will steer the company for years to come.
- Innovators with positive energy
- A desire to automate everything
- Learning every day
- Living life and having fun
- Writing code your colleagues admire for it’s readability and elegance.
- Delivering Backend Applications: Our growing set of backend services (mostly Django) that deliver the CybSafe product, with an ever increasing demand to work with large volumes of data.
- Supporting our Open Source Project phishtray: We’re helping research and giving away software, everyone at CybSafe will be given time to contribute.
- Sophisticated Deployment Routines: We like zero downtime releases, github flow and we’re always looking for fresh ideas to improve our service.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong Experience in Python and Django (we’re using Python 3 on Django 2!)
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Understanding of Distributed System Design, and planning path to live
- Agile Working Experience
- Experience in developing and maintaining fast, scalable and well-documented APIs
- You are able to design data models for relational databases like PostgreSQL
- You’re convinced that the best backend is made of simple, easy-to-understand building blocks that form a reliable system
- You know the current trends in architecture and web services
- Nice to have: Docker, DevOps talents.
The Package and the Perks:
- It’s full time role attracting a competitive basic salary and benefits
- We’ll give you a brand new laptop and iPhone.
- We have a relaxed leave policy. We support each other and only want people we can trust. Take leave when you feel it is best to do so. We will insist that you take at least a two-week unbroken break during the year so you can recharge and come back hungry for more!
How we work:
- We believe in a results only work environment. We’ve got core hours for those who are office based, but these are sufficiently flexible to cater for early starters and late leavers.
- We have a customer-focused, purpose-driven culture where employee performance is recognised and rewarded with on-going development and career prospects.
- Level39 offices come with unlimited soft drinks, ping pong tables and regular ‘beer & pizza’ events…not forgetting freshly made cookies every day 🙂
- Relaxed attire policy…we’re a start-up!
Where we work?
Level 39, No 1 Canada Square
Canary Wharf, London
Check it out: http://www.level39.co/
Connect with us here: email@example.com and include the following:
- Your CV
- A short note (or if you’re feeling creative, a video) introducing yourself and why you are the guy/gal for the job.