SENIOR C# / SQL Developer (Contractor)
Start date: ASAP
Location: London-Canary Wharf, UK
Type of employment: Contract till end of December 2018 (to be extended in January 2019)
The Senior Developer will deliver high quality coding capability and support for applications in XX Trading. Our key partners are trading, operations, commodity risk and regulatory reporting.
You will work on design, development and maintenance of enhancements and defect fixes across XX applications, work to agreed code and quality standards within an agile development environment. You will need to build positive relationships with XX and business partners to achieve this.
- Practical experience using AGILE development methodologies, e.g. SCRUM, and actively contributing to sprint planning, retrospectives and estimation.
- Solid experience with object-oriented and asynchronous programming with C# for WinForms and WCF RESTful hosted services.
- Experience of developing Unit Tests.
- Experience of database design and SQL Server development of procedures and functions with T-SQL.
- Experience with SQL Server query optimisation including analysis of execution plans and indexing strategy.
- Experience of using TFS for automated build and deployment.
- Experience of interacting with partners at all stages of the life cycle, from requirement to support.
- Experience of system analysis including producing data models, logical database and technical designs
- Experience of problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience of communicating effectively with technical and commercial partners.
- Experience of being dedicated and self-motivated.
- Experience of establishing team capability.
- Experience of working under pressure at times, for example, supporting critical applications, working to deadlines & SLAs.
- Exposure to control libraries such as Infragistics and DevExpress.
- Experience of Test Automation using BDD methods and the automation frameworks (SpecFlow)
- Experience of ORM Frameworks and tools (Entity Framework, NHibernate)
- Experience of ETRM Systems and Commodity Trading