Senior Compliance Manager
We at iban have built an innovative payment platform which connects investors across Europe with some of the best P2P products on the market globally. We work closely with P2P Lenders and Loan Originators based predominantly in Latin America and match Investors in Europe with the borrowers sourced by these companies.
Our customer centric philosophy has enabled us to create a best in class platform. Over the coming months and years will use this to launch more products and enter new markets. Our unique business model, dedication and passion has led to fast paced growth and we are now looking for highly motivated individuals who are able to help drive our company forward.
Your role and Responsibilities
As we continue to expand our product offering and market reach, we are looking for an experienced UK Compliance Manager who can analyse our business methods and ensure that our operations are fully compliant with all laws and regulation that govern our industry. The Compliance Manager will be responsible for reviewing responses to customer enquiries and complaints as well as correspondence with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that we operate in a compliant manner whilst maintaining the first class customer experience we pride ourselves on. In particular, you will:
- Lead reviews into and make improvements to all compliance policies and procedures
- Implement internal audit programs and surveillance
- Rationalise our risk assessments, due diligence including PEP/Sanctions and KYC checks and ongoing monitoring processes
- Develop processes and policies to review and improve compliance amongst partners and clients
- Provide ongoing and ad-hoc support on compliance queries (both from clients and internal stakeholders)
- Maintain a good awareness of global compliance and regulatory developments and report on changes which may impact our business
- Identify, investigate and report on possible instances of money laundering, terrorist financing and suspicious activity including negative balances, disputes and chargebacks
- Improve our process for identifying and preventing such instances
- Manage and deliver staff compliance training programs.
- Help optimise our users experience from onboarding to transacting to ensure that UX is smooth and compliant
- Participate on the Board of Directors
- Lead and build the legal team while also undertaking executional work. This is a hands-on role and you’ll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters
We need someone who:
- Has at least 5 years experience of regulatory and compliance in financial services ideally with a specialism in regulation governing P2P lending or e-money
- Has excellent knowledge of AML and KYC requirements as well as industry best practice
- Has excellent knowledge of GDPR, TFC and other consumer regulation requirements as well as industry best practice
- Has flawless spoken and written English
- Is highly motivated with a real drive to see projects through and deliver a quality output
- Is able to work collaboratively and across functions
We would be even more interested if you:
- Have other language skills, in particular Spanish
- Have previous people management experience
- Come from a legal background
What we offer you
We offer you an interesting and diverse role where you will be able to drive your own work and shape your career and experiences. We are headquartered in Level39 in Canary Wharf, a lively co-working space specialising in FinTech companies with past and present members including Revolut, Ripple and eToro.
We are an exciting company, working in a fast paced and agile way with a unique set of challenges and opportunities. We are believers in flexible working and, due to the international nature of our partners and clients, you will be expected to collaborate with individuals across the globe and may get the opportunity to travel to Spain, Portugal and Latin America.
As we grow, you will have the opportunity to take on more responsibilities and become an integral part of our management team as we employee more people over the coming months and years. This is an exciting time to join iban. If you have any questions about the company or the role, please contact us on email@example.com.