Who are we
iban is a market leading FinTech firm operating globally. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that empowers thousands of people around the world, giving them ways to control their finances, and helps people get on with what they do best. Whether we’re creating new products or expanding our reach and capabilities, people at iban are pioneers at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to do more with what they work so hard to earn. Together, we can go further — we’re just getting started.
Are you interested in building products which will be used by thousands? Do you like shipping code at a rapid pace? iban is seeking an experienced Engineer who is passionate about building mobile and desktop web applications. This position is full-time and is based in our London office.
- Take the reins of our new payment platform, building it to industry standards in scalability and security
- Work on improving existing platforms to bring them to a wider audience
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
What we need
- 5+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- 5+ years experience with a server-side programming language. Must have some experience writing Java.
What we would like
- Experience with React
- Experience with PHP
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
What we can offer you
We offer you an interesting and diverse role where you will be able to drive your own work and shape your career and experiences. We are headquartered in Level39 in Canary Wharf, a lively co-working space specialising in FinTech companies with past and present members including Revolut, Ripple and eToro.
We are an exciting company, working in a fast paced and agile way with a unique set of challenges and opportunities. We are believers in flexible working and, due to the international nature of our partners and clients, you will be expected to collaborate with individuals across the globe and may get the opportunity to travel to Spain, Portugal and Latin America.
As we grow, you will have the opportunity to take on more responsibilities and become an integral part of our management team as we employee more people over the coming months and years. This is an exciting time to join iban.