Senior Full-Stack/Node Developer
AubayUK based in London-Canary Wharf are looking for a Senior Full-Stack/Node Developer on the CONTRACT side (6-month rolling).
The role is with our Multinational and prestigious Client based in London-Canary Wharf and their Trading Department.
We are looking for an experienced Software Developer to create the solutions for integration and reporting. Much of the server side work will primarily be using Java enterprise, while the client side work could either be as a thin-client solution or a thick client solution.
For the thin-client solution, we will be working on Electron, AngularJS or similar technologies to interface with the backend.
The main deliverables are:
- Develop applications using Node technologies (Vue.js, Node.js) for the different usecases
- Share ideas, issues, risks and concerns with the development team and escalate to the DevOps Manager as required.
- Estimate time taken for User Stories and Tasks in planning.
- Attend daily scrum meetings and hold demos with the team to shape the visual delivery of the product as well as demonstrating to business stakeholders.
- Use agreed tools/techniques for coding and storing code in a GIT library. Use of agreed tools to manage User Stories and Tasks.
- Follow agreed change process to deploy code continuously. Follow change process for change requests to be added to Backlog
- Angular.js and Typescript
- jQuery, JSP and JSTL
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Deliver Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) pipelines using technologies like Jenkins, Ansible, and Openshift
- Experience working in a scrum team, delivering products incrementally
- Confident in demonstrating products in progress to Product Owners and Business Stakeholders
- Provide support and guidance to other members of the scrum team
- Strong understanding of programming paradigms such as distributed architectures, clustering and multi-threaded program design.
- Experience of working in brownfield sites, where the work requires creating new solutions within an existing array of highly integrated systems.
- Exceptional development experience of working with service orientation, and related technologies, like REST, SOAP, JWS, JSON, etc.
- Exceptional knowledge of relational database technologies, like Microsoft SQL Server, and related technologies for accessing databases using Node.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, ideally with a numerate degree
- Familiarity with Excel, including macros.
There are certain qualities and character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values:
- Commitment: doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together: combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven: personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart: being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate: about what you do for the company
- Attitude: positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude: think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation: striving to be better than before
- Trust: your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity: thinking of others and striving for excellence