Senior Project manager
Form of employment: permanent
Start date: immediate
OnSite with Client in: London, UK (Zone 1)
About us/AUBAY Group www.aubay.com Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7000 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €423 million in 2018. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
Aubay were recognised as #32 Best High-Tech Employer in 2016 in France (Google #1).
AubayUK are also based at Europe’s foremost Fintech hub called Level39 www.level39.co at One Canada Square in London/Canary Wharf, E14 5AB and our Client-side demand is in London/Geneva/Paris/Singapore and Houston. Our Clients are globally recognised as Super Majors Financial Services and innovative FinTech. You will be working onsite at one End-Client. You will have the opportunity to work direct for the client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- .. doing what it takes for lasting results.
- .. combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- .. personally aiming high and wanting better.
- .. being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- .. about what you do for the company
- Attitude…positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude…think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation…striving to be better than before
- Trust…your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity…thinking of others and striving for excellence
Senior Project manager – Job Description
Life does not stand still here – it is a fast-paced, challenging and incredibly rewarding place to work. You will take care of IT projects throughout the lifecycle – from planning and execution to control and closure. As a senior member of our team, you will set the strategy, deciding the governance structures that drive decisions and resolve issues, and defining the success metrics, working closely with business stakeholders. It is part of your remit to create and validate financial forecasts and provide ongoing reconciliation of resources and expenditures. You will also proactively analyse risks and rigorously manage scope: if a project is at risk, you know when to escalate, to ensure that we deliver the business benefits on time, on budget and to the agreed quality parameters. It is a great role for someone who enjoys building relationships. Typically managing around 10-20 FTEs per project, you will ensure excellent communications with stakeholders, making sure they feel informed and involved every step of way. You will also enjoy bringing out the best in your team, whether that is through sharing information and managing workloads or through coaching, encouragement and recognition of a job well done.
We are looking for someone with experience driving systems delivery within the wholesale commodity trading and B2B marketing space. Oil and gas experience but within “Downstream
Called Trading and Supply. This business deals with wholesale commodity trading – both physical and financial gas and power “over the counter” and “exchange traded”. Implementing Energy/Commodity Trade Risk Management, systems like Openlink Endur/Aligne. It is also the scheduling, nominations, balancing systems that interact with the European electricity grids. In addition, the business is moving towards sales and marketing of gas and power to industrial and commercial (B2B) customers in the European marketplace. From an IT perspective, people with experience implementing “prospecting to cash” systems that support the end-to-end processes. We are looking for a PM/Scrum Master who has experience leading full SDLC teams and implementing vendor provided products. Integration/interfacing is also important.
Competent cross-functional stakeholders together and getting them talking about the constituent parts of an end-to-end requirement. The PM will then need to understand the dependencies, create the plan and then drive the execution. The PM would be supported by Business/Systems Analysts but will need to be quite hands-on hence the need to understand the commodity trading and operations domain. It also means being comfortable with dealing with conflict
It’s an ideal role for someone with a degree (or equivalent) and
Professional background in IT augmented by considerable IT Project Management experience. That should include leading globally distributed teams and external parties. Your personal skills will make all the difference. You will need to show us you have learning agility – you are someone who can quickly get to grips with ambiguous and unfamiliar situations. Of course, you are a natural communicator and presenter. In addition, you have proven your ability to manage, influence and coach internal stakeholders, steering them towards agreed outcomes.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Professional project management certifications – PMP (ideally) or Prince 2 Practitioner
- Familiar with and able to adhere to project management methodologies and tools
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading.
Becoming one of us:
- Salary Band £100k
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you an access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work direct for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis