Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Form of employment: permanent
Start date: immediate
OnSite with Client in: London, UK (Zone 2)
About us/AUBAY Group www.aubay.com Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7000 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €423 million in 2018. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
Aubay were recognised as #32 Best High-Tech Employer in 2016 in France (Google #1).
AubayUK are also based at Europe’s foremost Fintech hub called Level39 www.level39.co at One Canada Square in London/Canary Wharf, E14 5AB and our Client-side demand is in London/Geneva/Paris/Singapore and Houston. Our Clients are globally recognised as Super Majors Financial Services and innovative FinTech. You will be working onsite at one End-Client. You will have the opportunity to work direct for the client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- .. doing what it takes for lasting results.
- .. combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- .. personally aiming high and wanting better.
- .. being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- .. about what you do for the company
- Attitude…positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude…think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation…striving to be better than before
- Trust…your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity…thinking of others and striving for excellence
Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer – Job Description
The Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer will deliver high quality automation test capability for LNG Trading applications. Our key partners are trading, operations, commodity risk and regulatory reporting. You will work in collaboration with other test team members on design, development and maintenance of automated tests within an agile development environment. You will need to build positive relationships with IT&S and business partners to achieve this. Key attributes include understanding and use of Automated Agile testing methods – BDD, SpecFlow binding and Gherkin. The ideal candidate will have hands on experience of working in C# development environment and developing tests in C# and SpecFlow feature files, with in depth knowledge of software automation techniques.
- Write detailed test cases based on product feature specifications Build and refine suite of regression and performance tests
- Write automated tests, scripts and feature files
- Drive Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Some manual testing of new software features and regression testing of the wider system Manage defects, improvements and test cases in TFS/VSTS
- Acting as a QA role model; understanding the grasp of quality in the development team and coach them to higher levels.
- Interrogate SQL database to verify data quality Demonstrate new areas of testing to the wider team. Ensure testing standards and conventions are adhered to throughout the SDLC.
- Continually learn and develop oneself and the testing team through knowledge sharing and peer reviews.
- Work with the Application Test & Product Manager to help deliver key testing initiatives. Contribute towards building up Continuous Integration and Deployment capability.
- 3+ years’ experience in automated testing applications including databases.
- Experience of Test Automation using BDD methods and the automation frameworks (SpecFlow)
- Experience with writing and understanding SQL.
- Experience of writing functional and non-functional acceptance and regression tests.
- Experience of writing detailed test cases based on product feature specifications.
- Practical experience using Agile development methodologies, e.g. Scrum, and actively contributing to sprint planning, retrospectives and estimation.
- Experience with object-oriented programming with C#.
- Experience of using TFS for automated build and deployment.
- Experience of interacting with partners at all stages of the life cycle, from requirement to support.
- Work with other QA analysts to increase the effectiveness of the role.
- Acting as an integrated member of the development and analysis team, working closely to ensure the integrity and quality of changes to the products.
- Experience of problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience of communicating effectively with technical and commercial partners.
- Dedicated and self-motivated.
- Experience of establishing team capability.
- Experience of working under pressure at times, for example, supporting critical applications, working to deadlines & SLAs.
- Experience of ORM Frameworks and tools (Entity Framework, NHibernate)
- Experience of ETRM Systems and Commodity Trading.
- Automated API testing experience.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration tools.
- Experience of leading Quality Assurance teams.
- Experienced in performance testing.
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 73,000 employees across more than 78 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading.
Becoming one of us:
- Salary Band £75k
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you an access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work direct for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis