Senior Software Engineer
Form of employment: Permanent Start date: Immediate OnSite with Client in: London, UK (Zone 1)
About AUBAY Group
Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6500 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €417 million in 2018. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange. Aubay were recognised as #30 Best High-Tech Employer in 2016 in France (Google #1).
AubayUK are also based at Europe’s foremost Fintech hub called Level39 www.level39.co at One Canada Square in London/Canary Wharf, E14 5AB and our Client-side demand is in London/Geneva/Paris/Singapore and Houston. Our Clients are globally recognised as Super Majors Financial Services and innovative FinTech. You will be working onsite at one End-Client. You will have the opportunity to work direct for the client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment – doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together – combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven – personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart – being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate – about what you do for the company
- Attitude – positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude – think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation – striving to be better than before
- Trust – your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity – thinking of others and striving for excellence
Job Description – Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer is a seasoned software engineer having proven software engineering credentials delivering software products/applications generating business value. They are expected to be the strongest developer in the team, with the abilities to technically lead other teammates for quality software development. They are expected to have continuous improvement mind-set, driving value-based process, product/application optimization.
- Solution consultation and development in accordance to the enterprise technology principles, methods, standards, and practices.
- Estimation, solution design, detailed technical design, application technical deliverables including code, associated tests and documentation.
- Contribution to functional excellence in terms of definition and maintenance of standards, methods and tools, bringing in best practices from market standard implementations.
- Manage complex integration scenarios and interfaces between on-premise solutions, cloud and legacy systems.
Skills & Requirements:
- 10+ Years relevant software development experience, with a Full Stack profile (experience in front-end, back-end, cloud automation and orchestration)
- Proficient in Object Oriented Programming, Design Patterns with deep expertise in .NET and related frameworks & technologies (C#, .NET Core, ASP.NET MVC, Web API, WPF, SQL Server 2012/2016, Oracle PL/SQL, HTML5, CSS3, React, Node, Graph QL etc).
- Experience in Python, Golang and other programming frameworks and paradigm is highly desirable.
- Thorough understanding of containers and Deployment experience with Kubernetes (K8s) or Functions is a plus.
- Experience using Cloud Native CI/CD tools (Azure Pipelines/Circle CI/Jenkins X) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of other Cloud (Amazon Web Services, Cloudera etc), and Integration (BizTalk, Logic Apps, MuleSoft etc) technologies is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability of design and development of applications/ products utilizing a variety of architecture principles, including micro services
- Demonstrated application of the best practices in various stages of the software development life cycle.
- Experience working in agile teams with demonstrated application of the principles.
- Experience of working in a Trading environment with an understanding of general trading terminology and pricing theory (in any asset class) is a plus.
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading.
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you an access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work direct for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis