SLMT Python Developer
Form of employment: Permanent Start date: Immediate OnSite with Client in: London, UK (Zone 1)
About AUBAY Group
Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6500 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €417 million in 2018. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange. Aubay were recognised as #30 Best High-Tech Employer in 2016 in France (Google #1).
AubayUK are also based at Europe’s foremost Fintech hub called Level39 www.level39.co at One Canada Square in London/Canary Wharf, E14 5AB and our Client-side demand is in London/Geneva/Paris/Singapore and Houston. Our Clients are globally recognised as Super Majors Financial Services and innovative FinTech. You will be working onsite at one End-Client. You will have the opportunity to work direct for the client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment – doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together – combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven – personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart – being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate – about what you do for the company
- Attitude – positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude – think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation – striving to be better than before
- Trust – your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity – thinking of others and striving for excellence
Job Description – SLMT Python Developer
SLMT & Power Background:
World Leading Global Energy Trading Company is looking for a software engineer to join a front office data and analytics development team in the Gas, Power and Environmental trading division. This will be a fast-paced and dynamic environment where the needs will be changing on a frequent basis.
The role of software engineer will be to work together with the technical leads and implement data warehouses and data lakes, build the processes, pipelines, and services that bring data from multiple internal and external sources and move this data through the ecosystem and make it accessible to data consumers. The role will also require the candidate to be hands-on with the CI/CD development and BDD approach, executing tasks from the backlog and demonstrating best practice. It will include ensuring solutions are scalable and reliable that meet varying business requirements and ensure reliability, efficiency and quality of data. The role is part of a DevOps team so there is an expectation that it will involve designing, building, testing and releasing solutions, end-to-end, independently as well as guiding other team members.
The role of software engineer will be to work together with the technical leads and implement the data abstraction and API layer. The initial deliverables will be an API layer that allows controlled data access for users and applications. The role is likely to expand further beyond these initial deliverables to span the end-to-end data acquisition, storage, and distribution and visualisation landscape. The ideal candidate will have strong structured development skills, experience in building APIs and experience within commodities trading.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Solid experience in:
- Good understanding of Software engineering principals e.g. SOLID principles
- Ideally, some experience with Bokeh although Flask would work as an alternative.
- Exposure to Azure
- Experience working in large companies with complex system landscapes
- Understanding of Micro services
- Able to travel (mostly to Dubai)
- Any trading experience would be a plus
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading.
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you an access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work direct for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis