Software Engineer – Power Data Platform
Form of employment: permanent
Start date: immediate
OnSite with Client in: London, UK (Zone 1)
About us/AUBAY Group www.aubay.com Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7000 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €423 million in 2018. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
Aubay were recognised as #32 Best High-Tech Employer in 2016 in France (Google #1).
AubayUK are also based at Europe’s foremost Fintech hub called Level39 www.level39.co at One Canada Square in London/Canary Wharf, E14 5AB and our Client-side demand is in London/Geneva/Paris/Singapore and Houston. Our Clients are globally recognised as Super Majors Financial Services and innovative FinTech. You will be working onsite at one End-Client. You will have the opportunity to work direct for the client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- .. doing what it takes for lasting results.
- .. combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- .. personally aiming high and wanting better.
- .. being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- .. about what you do for the company
- Attitude…positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude…think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation…striving to be better than before
- Trust…your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity…thinking of others and striving for excellence
Software Engineer – Power Data Platform – Job Description
- World Leading Global Energy Trading Company is looking for a software engineer to join a front office data and analytics development team in the Gas, Power and Environmental Products trading division. This will be a fast-paced and dynamic environment where the needs will be changing on a frequent basis.
- The role of Software Engineer will be to work together with the technical leads and implement data warehouses and data lakes, build the processes, pipelines, and services that bring data from multiple internal and external sources and move this data through the ecosystem and make it accessible to data consumers. The role will also require the candidate to be hands-on with the CI/CD development and BDD approach, executing tasks from the backlog and demonstrating best practice. It will include ensuring solutions are scalable and reliable that meet varying business requirements and ensure reliability, efficiency and quality of data. The role is part of a DevOps team so there is an expectation that it will involve designing, building, testing and releasing solutions, end-to-end, independently as well as guiding other team members.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Strong C# skills – server-side development orientated
- Good analytical & collaboration skills
- Azure platform developer – data lake, storage, functions, API app services
- Good knowledge and practical experience of software design principles & basic patterns (SOLID)
- Strong emphasis on testing – unit, integration and automation
- Strong emphasis and proven track record of building robust software that is easy to debug and operate
- Azure DevOps/VSTS experience – creating/operating CI/CD build and release pipelines
- Agile Scrum/Kanban ways of working experience
- Experience with Azure Data Factory/SSIS desirable
- Knowledge of event driven software desirable
- API design and implementation experience desirable
- BDD exposure desirable, ideally with SpecFlow
- DevOps experience
- Adaptable to change, versatile and pragmatic
- Uses best practice development techniques but can change approach according to conflicting timelines/risks involved
- Comfortable talking to trading business users and can translate business needs into tangible IT deliverables
- Keeps up-to-date knowledge with recent IT software developments (open source and cloud in particular)
- Uses initiative and owns end-to-end solution delivery
- Brings creative and innovative ideas to the table, is inquisitive and excited by new technology
- Proactively communicates and shares understanding and experience within a team
- Used to working in a flexible, independent manner on a mixture of small unstructured and large structured items
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading.
Becoming one of us:
- Salary Band £45-£120k
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you an access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work direct for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis