Software Engineer (Python/Go)
As part of a growing and agile team with expertise in machine learning, big data analytics and data engineering, you’ll help build applications for clients across various sectors, including media, telecoms, finance and e-commerce.
You’ll know how to engineer beautiful code in Python and take pride in what you produce. You are an advocate of high-quality engineering and best-practice in production software as well as rapid prototypes.
You’ll be working on the most challenging software engineering projects for either internal tooling or client facing applications related to machine learning and analytics projects.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code, you’ll be working alongside machine learning engineers and researchers to implement our algorithmic developments into robust and scalable services
- You will be helping us to build our next-generation data products, taking a key role in the design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Integration of user-facing elements with server side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Minimum of 1 year’s experience in a Software Engineering position, preferably in a startup environment
- Expertise in one or more object oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Go) and the eagerness to learn more
- REST API knowledge & programming experience
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application, building high performance distributed systems that can scale to 100,000s QPS.
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. BigQuery, Redis, HBase, …)
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, Mercurial or SVN)
- Proven background in taking concepts and translating into commercial products and solutions
Bonus Points for:
- Knowledge of data processing and/or big data utilities (i.e. Hadoop, Spark, Apache Beam)
- Experience with building application on cloud services (storage solutions, databases, scalable compute)
- Working knowledge of GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Background of working with microservices
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Situated in the innovation hub of Canary Wharf
- Laptop of your choice
- Monthly social events and team offsites
- Generous desk budget
- Free fruit, cookies, tea/coffee throughout the week
- Regular networking events, mentoring events and conferences
- Exposure to experts from a number of industries
- Freedom to explore the latest tools and technologies
- Knowledge-sharing activities