mmob is driving the open finance agenda globally, enabling digital brands to rapidly deploy complementary, connected services via intelligent partnerships within their digital channels. mmob’s Intelligent Partnership Platform delivers a comprehensive suite of products that empower brands to deliver long-term value to their customers by maximising the value of intelligent partnerships.
mmob was founded in July 2020 by experts in digital transformation from Barclays, HSBC, Goldman Sachs, and Credit Suisse. MMOB raised £1m at Seed in 2020, backed by finance industry leaders and seasoned entrepreneurs, offering immense strategic benefits in driving traction. This investment has allowed mmob to validate its approach, build its core platform and secure initial commercial agreements.
Within just a few months, from scratch, mmob’s leadership team have achieved impressive traction, signing commercial terms with initial partners, building a rich pipeline of qualified prospects, and defining the strategy for scaling commercial operations.
For 2021, mmob has set ambitious objectives, focused on driving commercial growth and accelerating the delivery of its technology roadmap. These milestones are imperative for smashing our Series A round, planned for June of this year. From a growth perspective, mmob is at a pivotal point, presenting an amazing opportunity to join an ambitious Fintech on its (hyper) growth journey!
You are a full stack engineer, seeking a challenging role and drive impact within a purpose driven organisation. You will work closely with the Head of Technology, leveraging your knowledge to provide hands on support to our growing development team.
Ideally you’ll have…
- More than 5 years experience in software development – you’ve got a good idea about what works and what doesn’t, able to hit the ground running and GSD.
- Strong knowledge of different programming languages, such as Python, TypeScript, PHP.
- Demonstrable experience with test-driven development, continuous delivery and deployment workflows.
- Practical experience to ensure performance, flexibility and scalability, bringing in third party providers, where relevant.
- Full stack or backend technical background, with strong experience with developing APIs & SDKs for both established technology stacks and rapidly changing platforms
- The ability to thrive within agile environments, familiar with related tools (Jira, Confluence), aware of best practices to ensure high team impact and output.
- An intrinsic passion for delighting the customer, committed to creating compelling user experiences that keep them coming back, with experience for both web & mobile UIs with Angular.
- High levels of attention to detail, familiar with both manual QA best practices and ensuring automated testing and monitoring is deployed where possible.
- Committed to ensuring that all code is well designed and efficient, critically assessing its function overtime and refactoring where necessary.
- Commercial awareness, able to gather information to produce accurate estimates, technical requirements and delivery plans, whilst simultaneously considering relevant business implications.
- Strong communication skills, able to explain complex systems with key stakeholders in a digestible way.
- Either mentored, coached or managed junior developers, you win the respect of the team based on your extensive development knowledge, problem solving ability and strong work ethic.
You’ll really get us excited if you…
- Have designed, developed and deployed a cloud-based architecture across multiple geographies at scale (we use AWS).
- Have led penetration tests and/or exposure to achieving ISO27001, addressing possible vulnerabilities and futureproofing where possible.
- Have experience in design language systems, evolving design to code seamlessly.
- Have experience of working with PSD2 projects or within regulated entities.
In return, we offer you:
- A competitive salary, package and the ability to make your mark at an ambitious Fintech.
- An amazing team and founders, supportive board and investors.
- Clear company direction, transparency and share of voice.
- Commitment to culture, with lavish office socials, perks and more (trust us it’s fun, but not forced).
- Commitment to personal development, with options for professional training
- Flexibility with working hours, we’re focused on outputs, not hours worked.
- Fun, modern and informal office environment with regular team social events
- Central London location with the best view in town (39th floor of One Canada Square).
- Brand new technology, that works and hasn’t been around the houses.
- Access to impressive business leaders and external consultants.
Please note – due to COVID-19, we’re currently working predominantly remotely. In the long term, we’ll be embracing a hybrid way of working that allows us to connect and collaborate in person as well as harness the benefits of working remotely.