Form of employment: Permanent Start date: Immediate OnSite with Client in: London, UK (Zone 1)
About AUBAY Group
Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6500 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €417 million in 2018. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange. Aubay were recognised as #30 Best High-Tech Employer in 2016 in France (Google #1).
AubayUK are also based at Europe’s foremost Fintech hub called Level39 www.level39.co at One Canada Square in London/Canary Wharf, E14 5AB and our Client-side demand is in London/Geneva/Paris/Singapore and Houston. Our Clients are globally recognised as Super Majors Financial Services and innovative FinTech. You will be working onsite at one End-Client. You will have the opportunity to work direct for the client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment – doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together – combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven – personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart – being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate – about what you do for the company
- Attitude – positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude – think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation – striving to be better than before
- Trust – your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity – thinking of others and striving for excellence
Job Description – Spotfire Developer
World Leading Global Energy Trading Company is looking for talented people to join a front office data and analytics development team in the Gas, Power and Environmental trading division. This will be a fast-paced and dynamic environment where the needs will be changing on a frequent basis. The ideal candidates will have a passion for visualising data, a flexible mind-set and a strong record of accomplishment working within commodity trading. This role will be the lead Visualisations and UI/UX developer tasked to deliver tools and applications that bring data to life for use directly on the trading desk. Initially developing tools directly on top of and within the Tibco Spotfire platform the role will also include demonstrating and pathfinding new UI/UX and data visualisation technologies, including real-time data streaming. The role is part of a small team so there is an expectation that it will involve designing, building, testing and releasing solutions, end-to-end, independently as well as guiding other team members.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Data visualisation tools and technologies
- Proven track record in creative data visualisation
- Experience with front office commodity trading or banking
- Experience with the Tibco Spotfire platform
- Experience extending the Tibco Spotfire platform using one or more of the following – web services / C# / Java / IronPython
- Adaptable to change, versatile and pragmatic
- Uses best practice development techniques but can change approach according to conflicting timelines/risks involved
- Comfortable talking to trading business users and can translate business needs into tangible IT deliverables
- Keeps up-to-date knowledge with recent IT software developments (open source and cloud in particular)
- Uses initiative and owns end-to-end solution delivery
- Brings creative and innovative ideas to the table, is inquisitive and excited by new technology
- Proactively communicates and shares understanding and experience within a team
- Used to working in a flexible, independent manner on a mixture of small unstructured and large structured items
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading.
- Salary band up to 95k based
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you an access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work direct for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis