Form of employment: permanent
Start date: immediate
OnSite with Client in: London, UK (Zone 1)
About us/AUBAY Group www.aubay.com Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7000 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €423 million in 2018. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
Aubay were recognised as #32 Best High-Tech Employer in 2016 in France (Google #1).
AubayUK are also based at Europe’s foremost Fintech hub called Level39 www.level39.co at One Canada Square in London/Canary Wharf, E14 5AB and our Client-side demand is in London/Geneva/Paris/Singapore and Houston. Our Clients are globally recognised as Super Majors Financial Services and innovative FinTech. You will be working onsite at one End-Client. You will have the opportunity to work direct for the client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
• Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
• Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
• Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
• Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
• Passionate… about what you do for the company
• Attitude…positive at all times, we are in customer service
• Aptitude…think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
• Motivation…striving to be better than before
• Trust…your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
• Integrity…thinking of others and striving for excellence
Statistician – Job Description
Here is a great opportunity to display your technical talent and passion for data, and help us transform how we do business. Working in a collaborative environment, with all the career opportunities you would expect, and the chance to make a real difference to company performance.
Where you fit in
You will be joining our Statistical Consulting and R&D team, with a focus on delivering capability, which brings wide-ranging expertise in statistics and data science to all our businesses, including analysis of data from equipment in company production assets, financial modelling and forecasting and statistical software development.
What is the role?
As a Statistician, you will be applying innovative statistics to digital products, providing technical advice and support, and playing a pivotal team role in areas such as modelling of greenhouse gas emissions and spatial temporal statistics.
You will be actively leading on small projects, as well as supporting other leaders with the technical aspects of projects. In practice that means you will be contributing to the improvement of existing statistical design and analysis processes, making use of networks to promote statistics, and advising on software tool development.
We expect you will be the type of person who relishes creative problem solving and the chance to identify new opportunities that match business strategy. A good team player who uses your natural people skills to nurture relationships with stakeholders at a wide range of levels, collaborating with statistics staff and business customers globally.
We expect you to have an MSC, or preferably a PhD, in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, or Operations Research. Some relevant professional experience will also be an advantage.
• Evidence of strong technical skills, with direct, hands-on experience in the field of statistics.
• An awareness of issues in statistics and dependence on data quality.
• Experience in communicating within business at all levels.
• Evidence of strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
• Experience with programming languages such as MATLAB, Python or ‘R’ will be an advantage.
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading.
Becoming one of us:
• Salary band up to 60k based
• 25 Days Annual Leave
• Udemy Training Platform
• All Public Holidays are not required to work
• Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
• You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you an access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
• Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
• Time to attend conferences
• Work from home opportunities
• Discount on Wintersports holiday at www.aero1607.com
• Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
• The opportunity to work direct for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis
How to apply: