Form of employment: contract
Start date: immediate
OnSite with Client in: London, UK (Zone 2)
About us/AUBAY Group www.aubay.com Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7000 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €423 million in 2018. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
Aubay were recognised as #32 Best High-Tech Employer in 2016 in France (Google #1).
AubayUK are also based at Europe’s foremost Fintech hub called Level39 www.level39.co at One Canada Square in London/Canary Wharf, E14 5AB and our Client-side demand is in London/Geneva/Paris/Singapore and Houston. Our Clients are globally recognised as Super Majors Financial Services and innovative FinTech. You will be working onsite at one End-Client. You will have the opportunity to work direct for the client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- .. doing what it takes for lasting results.
- .. combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- .. personally aiming high and wanting better.
- .. being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- .. about what you do for the company
- Attitude…positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude…think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation…striving to be better than before
- Trust…your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity…thinking of others and striving for excellence
Technical Architect – Job Description
Deep experience in designing the technical architecture (including Enterprise Application Integration Architecture) to address complex business requirements, including design of entire system configurations (hardware, software, and communications, as appropriate). Able to lead a tool evaluation effort, including the definition of the evaluation criteria, identification of tools to be evaluated, and the actual evaluation. Able to work on various platforms, including mainframes, minis and micros. Able to define a total disaster recovery plan and present the Client with various options. Able to work with and manage multiple suppliers. Able to perform as a Technical Team Leader when necessary.
We are looking an experienced Solution Architect to work within the Gas, Power & LNG trading business. The person will be required to work on a set of ongoing initiatives to modernize the systems used by traders and market data analysts.
- Combining multiple technologies to provide alternative physical solutions
- Providing technical oversight and QA to all project delivery teams
- Acting as the first point of contact (outside project team) for all technical issues and problem resolution during project life cycle
- Translating technical requirements into resource requirements (estimations) and advising projects on optimal onsite-offshore mixing in the planning phase
- Understanding various tools and technologies on the market and their appropriate usage
- Contributing to the success of mission critical, complex and large system projects/architectures design client/server open solutions
- Contributing to the direction of Clients current and future programming/systems initiatives
- Conducting independent analysis of and reviewing Clients technical and business requirement
- Recommending innovations which enhance the operation and functionality of Client systems
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Working with diverse business stakeholders including front-office, analytics and risk.
- Engage with business and IT stakeholders to propose technology solutions for new trading and reporting requirements across ETRMS, market data and reporting systems.
- Requirements analysis and definition of architecture and technical designs for system interfaces between ETRMs and related applications for trade flow, position management, management information and risk management.
- Documenting and explaining architecture options and cost estimates to senior personnel for decision-making.
- Work as part of an agile development environment including analysts, developers and testers to derive requirements, solutions and documentation.
- Propose appropriate test cases for new functionality and interfaces, particularly for non-functional requirements and impact on the existing systems and functionality.
- Knowledge and experience are required of:
Solution architecture in a trading system environment including proposing solution options and interface designs.
- TRM/ETRM (or similar) implementation experience including typical data models and batch processes.
- Technical designs for bespoke or packaged trading and risk systems.
- Knowledge and experience are desirable but not essential of:
Understanding of basic valuation and risk management metrics.
- Representation, sourcing and modelling of market and fundamentals data.
- Dealing with diverse and time-constrained stakeholders including front-office.
- Gas and power markets including typical venues, trading platforms and complex transactions.
- An understanding of option valuation models and market data inputs.
- Microsoft .NET-based development tools and patterns.
- OpenLink Endur in a commodity-trading environment, and in particular Endur interfacing and data extraction patterns.
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 73,000 employees across more than 78 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading.
Becoming one of us:
- Market price
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you an access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work direct for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis
How to apply: