Technical Development Lead
Form of employment: permanent
Start date: immediate
OnSite with Client in: London, UK (Zone 1)
AUBAY Group – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7000 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €423 million in 2018. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
Aubay were recognised as #32 Best High-Tech Employer in 2016 in France (Google #1).
AubayUK are also based at Europe’s foremost Fintech hub called Level39 www.level39.co at One Canada Square in London/Canary Wharf, E14 5AB and our Client-side demand is in London/Geneva/Paris/Singapore and Houston. Our Clients are globally recognised as Super Majors Financial Services and innovative FinTech. You will be working onsite at one End-Client. You will have the opportunity to work direct for the client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude…positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude…think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation…striving to be better than before
- Trust…your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity…thinking of others and striving for excellence
Technical Development Lead – Job Description
If you are looking for the opportunity to grow your technical leadership skills, we have the perfect role for you. Bring us your expertise in IT and management combined with your appetite for innovation and we will support you to develop your career and skills.
Where you fit in:
The company is on a digital transformation journey, to drive a forward-thinking digital culture and technology across our businesses, ensuring we meet society’s energy needs in ways that are economically, socially and environmentally viable.
As our Technical Development Lead/Software Engineer, you will be a vital part of this drive, helping us capture the maximum value from digitalisation as rapidly as possible, using market standard and cutting-edge technologies.
You will be joining our Digital Engineering team, which sits within company Digitalisation and Computational Science department. The focus here is on supporting the resourcing and delivery of digital projects through strong agile practice and creating sustainable, credible solutions.
What is the role?
This is a vital role developing trailblazing digital products and driving through change and Integration projects, alongside your responsibility for the development and maintenance of platforms and applications.
You will get the chance to flex and grow your business skills, as you support the leadership team in developing and defining policies and strategies to be integrated across IT. In addition, your strong leadership, influencing and management skills will see you thrive as you help co-ordinate activities, guide, and advise other developers.
Another exciting challenge of the role will be your ability to help project teams identify and define technical problems, before you work to find the right solutions for them. An effective and confident communicator, you will also enjoy the chance to practically demonstrate various hands-on technical approaches across all aspects of technical development, from front and back end to release management.
What we need from you?
We are keen to speak to someone with at least a Computer Engineering degree or equivalent, plus extensive experience as a lead developer and/or technical lead in a backend application environment. Along with a skilful flair for problem solving and your strong command of the English language, we would hope to see as many of the following on your CV:
- Expertise in application/mobile/product delivery.
- Experience of responsive design and mobile application technical/solution design.
- Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Mercurial, SVN and of DevOps
- Proficiency at all stages of design, specification, development, testing and release packaging.
- An understanding of software development standards, Agile methodologies, quality
assurance and governance standards.
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading.
Becoming one of us:
- Salary band up to 75k based
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you an access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among other
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at www.aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work direct for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis
How to apply: